macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Beechside
    You've gotta laugh...
    Greetings MPV, Was just browsing the Apple App Store when I saw that your tutorial for Mainstage 2 101 was there. and, why not?! Anyway, I got to reading the blurb and I thought I misread it so I had to look again. "Apple has blessed all giggling musicians with a new and improved arrow." What if I'm miserable? Can't I use it? It's the same on your esteemed web site so, I assume it's deliberate ;o) Best wishes from across the pond. Pete
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: You've gotta laugh...
    Hey Peter, That is funny!! Are you based in the UK? Cheers R
  • Beechside
    Yup, just outside London I work in Music and Sound Recording at the University of Surrey so do rather a lot of music tech, all in all...
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice. I knew I'd seen your name around. You're an ACT in Logic? I'm based in Bristol - teach and do consultancy based on Logic and Macs... and I'm the lead-editor for the MPV Hub online Magazine. I'm really tempted to leave this typo in there! :)
  • Beechside
    Yes, I'm an ACT - I run the Surrey Uni AATC. Your name is, of course, well known in the community as a good egg and I think the hub is excellent - always good things there to read. I teach Logic, heavy-duty synthesis & sampling, Reaktor, Sibelius, sound design and composition for the media - it's a dream job... ;o)
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm hoping The MPV Hub grows and grows :) It does sound like a dream job!! What about other DAWs... do you use Pro Tools much? I'm sending you an email off line. btw, a lot of our team had a really good chuckle re: "giggling" musicians! :)
  • Beechside
    Yes, Pro Tools is our main recording software but I have little to do with it. I mainly work with composers and Logic is our current tool of choice for composition. Other software includes VSL, which I do a lot of, Max/MSP and FCP (our new department of film is going well). Considering teaching IOS programming if there's enough interest, especially for audio. I'm quite a fan of FCP X, though we don't do a lot of multi cam and export, two of the biggest justifiable beefs of the pro video community. All Mac based, of course, though I think Apple are losing their edge in audio. With Avid buying Sibelius and removing the hardware reqs for PT, Apple really have to decide how important pro audio is. There is a lot of change required in the somewhat archaic Logic. That, however, is quite another thread... Pete
  • Rounik Admin
    Yes, FCP X is a very interesting new app. I also love it (having been teaching iMovie for the past few years) I think there's a lot of potential waiting to be unleashed. Apple will be bringing multi-cam support and XML export, as well as a whole range of other features in the future. Did you catch the interview with Michael Wohl (a Hub article back in late June)? Very interesting and insightful analysis - especially considering he was working in Apple on the Motion documentation over the past 10 months ;-) There's certainly a lot of anticipation to see what Logic Pro X brings amongst pro users and trainers alike... These are interesting times in the pro software development world... I agree. Logic needs some love from Apple... I wonder if Apple are shifting their interpretation of what "Pro" is... or at least what area of the market they would like to focus on. Apple have certainly made Logic easier to use in the past 5/6 years... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: