macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Micdim
    Song List - changing songs automatically
    Can Mainstage 2 change from one song to another automatically? Can there also be a pause before the other song starts? If so, can anyone direct me to where I can find out how to do this, or maybe let us know here. Thanks in advance! Micdim
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Song List - changing songs automatically
    Hi, It's not possible for Mainstage to change songs automatically without some input from the user. The best way would be to setup a MIDI Controller whereby you send a MIDI message which will change the Set and/or patch in Mainstage. You can find more info in the Mainstage2 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/mainstage2101[/url] ... or ask back here :) Thanks R
  • Micdim
    Thanks Rounik, The Mainstage 2 tutorials don't really mention outputting midi to control external devices. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If I use Logic 9 to input control/Program changes, can I export to Mainstage? What I'm trying to do is have MainStage 2 control my external Floor Pedal.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Actually, there's a large section on Mapping Screen Controls in the Mainstage 101. This is the area you need to focus on. Think of this as similar to Logic's Learn mode - except here you create an onscreen control, give it a function within Mainstage (e.g. next/prev patch) and then learn (or assign) a MIDI Control to this onscreen control. So, try and think about this slightly differently. i.e. get your Floor Pedal to control something within Mainstage. You'll find sections 6, 8 and 9 should help you to set this up. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Micdim
    I understand the mapping part, but too bad Mainstage can't auto start another song. Also I'm looking for Mainstage to be able to send out Program changes and/or control messages to external devices. Thanks Rounik.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: