macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Quickster
    Tutorial 101 MS #11 Sec 3 Map keyboard to Mainstage
    Hi, Using Version 2.1.1 MS. Cannot map the screen controls as in the tutorial. Each knob on the Edirol PCR-300 when mapped by selecting the channels aren't changing. Selecting each knob and all the knobs when mapped are all doing the same thing after being mapped in layout mode. Knobs 1,2,3 and 4 all turn @ once no matter which knob you choose. Anyone know why or how to correct this? I tried changing the channels manually in layout mode under the "Learn" button and then I end up with 2 or 3 knobs on Channel 3 doing the same thing using either knob they all move. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Peace! AC
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tutorial 101 MS #11 Sec 3 Map keyboard to Mainstage
    This sounds odd... What are these knobs setup to control in Mainstage 2? :)
  • Quickster
    Hi Rounik! thanks for the reply. After a lot of searching and seeking an answer i found that somehow I am stuck in multi-mapping. Not sure how I got there or how to get out of it. The knobs are setup exactly as the MPV tutorial says to do it as i described in the original post. All the rotary knobs before being mapped are exactly as described in the section of the video i described. Each one being blank (yet to be mapped) have the label of Midi 16 under them. I have tried everything I could think of and am still somehow stuck in multi-mapping. I have 2 displays and followed the MPV to the letter and all the rotary knobs turn at the same time even when mapped to different knobs on the Edirol PCR 300. No matter which rotary knob I turn they all turn in unison. Still stuck and still trying to find out why and how to correct this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again. Peace!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Quickster, Do you mean that your Edirol is stuck in Multi-mapping mode... or Mainstage2? Can you change the setting from MIDI 16 to MIDI 1? I need to confirm whether you're talking about the screen controls (in Mainstage) or the rotary knobs on your MIDI Controller? Thanks Rounik
  • Quickster
    I believe it's Mainstage2 . Because I can change the midi channel # on the Edirol on other parts of Mainsatge2. The Edirol is set to 1 as it says to do. The rotary knobs work fine anywhere else I assign them from the Edirol. I'm pretty sure its in Mainstage the other mappings and as they change I don't have to change the Midi Channel # of 1 after they are assigned. I followed the video exactly as I believe Martin showed how you can keep the learn button on and just map the controllers and the channels #'s change as they are mapped and they work while the Edirol is set to channel 1 when mapped to other instruments except in the one in the video where they ll say in text Midi 16. Hope i explained better for you to understand. Thanks again for your help! Peace! Q BTW Mainstage2 rocks with the GIO a perfect companion midi device that makes Mainstage2 twice as good as it was!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: