macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cent
    Chords shown as "Parameters"?
    I was hoping that there is a way to add a parameter box that shows the chords that I am playing on my keyboard the same way that garageband shows them at the bottom. Is it possible to make our own in layout?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Chords shown as "Parameters"?
    Hi cent, Yes you can add the Activity bar which shows you what MIDI notes you are playing. This can be done in all the views except Full Screen mode. Right click on the top grey toolbar, and click on customise toolbar. There you can choose to add the Activity monitor. Which shows CPU usage, MIDI notes played, and Memory use.
  • cent
    Thanks for the reply, (quick!) but I have tried that already. What I was looking for was the same kind of thing that Garageband has where when you play the notes together, it shows you the corresponding chord. Showing the MIDI notes played only gives the last note played. Also, if you add a "parameter text" box to the layout, then go to edit, actions, and choose "midi display", it does the same thing, while being available in full screen. Once again, thank you very much for the quick turnaround on the reply, it's very much appreciated. I hope I made a little more sense this time around (I am horrible at explaining what I am thinking) :)
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Cent, Unfortunately it looks like you are right. Mainstage only shows the MIDI not not the corresponding Chord. Why don't you rather use Logic? Logic will show you the corresponding chord when played.
  • cent
    Mainstage is great for live performance. I love the ability to customize the layout for live performance, being able to track both my keyboard and my guitar. Thanks for the help, maybe Mainstage 3 will help! haha :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: