macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nidopya
    Multiple songs with different input EFX
    Hi guys, apologies in advance of this has been covered in another part of the forum. I work for an artist who needed solution for playing to backings while being able to loop sections and also loop themselves (a'la Ableton Looper) I have created a a set that works well but now need to have the performers input channel to change EFX for every song. The good news is, I have the Logic sessions from the original recordings, so what I wanted to do was to import the settings from those sessions to each of the songs in Mainstage. I bought Mainstage 101, but (correct me I'm wrong) it doesn't really cover using Mainstage as a live multi track backing player. It's driving me a bit bonkers. If anyone out there can help in any way I'd greatly appreciate it. All the best
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Multiple songs with different input EFX
    Hi thejone, Why don't you save your channel strip settings in the Logic project? Then you can open these same channel strip settings in Mainstage as both Logic and Mainstage access the same saved channel strips.
  • Nidopya
    Thanks for the reply, I have actually saved the channel settings from within logic for each of the songs. The trouble I'm having is that I want to retain the same channel input on each of the song patches but just have the channel strip settings change as I move through the patches. It's driving me nuts! All the best
  • GaryHiebner
    Mmmm. How many channel strips do you have per song on average?
  • Nidopya
    Not many really. there maybe 5 channels max! 4 of them stay the same, but the live input channel needs to have different EFX for every song. Am I missing something?
  • GaryHiebner
    So you have 4 channel strips that stay the same, and then 1 channel strip that you need the settings to change per track? How many tracks are you planning on playing? Why don't you create a different channel strip with the required plugins for each song. Set the input to same input on these channel strips. Then you can jump between the channel strips for the different songs. So for example if you have 12 tracks you will be performing, you will have the 4 channel strips that are the same, and then 12 different versions of the live input channel strip. You can even rename them to the song names. Obviously this will have a more heavy load on your CPU, depending on your Mac's specs. Another alternative is to save your channel strips settings like you said you did, but instead add a number to the name in the order of your tracks you want to perform. Then you can just jump between the saved channel strips per song using the Browser.
  • Nidopya
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going to give them a try and see how I go. It just seems a complex work around for such a simple job. Anyhow I'm sure I'll get there. All the best and thanks again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: