macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    MAPPING Ultrabeat's Sequencer in 'Mainstage'
    Hi everyone: I'm trying to map Ultrabeat's SEQUENCER to my Edirol PCR-300, and I've mapped the sequencer's start/stop option, but I can't figure out how to map the sequencer so that it scrolls through the individual patterns themselves (e.g. C-1, C#-1, etc.). Is that even possible? I've watched Steve H's ultrabeat unleashed tutorial, but I still can't figure it out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks. riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: MAPPING Ultrabeat's Sequencer in 'Mainst...
    Hi riftmazefee, Have you had any luck with this? When you play the C-1, C#-1 notes on your Edirol PCR-300 does it not change the MIDI patterns on Ultrabeat in Mainstage?
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Gary, Oh man, I can't figure this out. So Gary are you saying that I have to play the ACTUAL KEY'S NOTES themselves (C-1, C#-1, etc.) and that I 'CAN'T USE' my button knobs to trigger the sequencer???? Maybe that is what I am doing wrong: I've been trying to map the button knobs, not the actual keyboard keys themselves :O Whaddya think? Thanks a lot. riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, play the actual keys. This will switch between the different patterns. You can still map the other parameters of the Ultrabeat to your controllers buttons and faders, such as the play and stop buttons on the Ultrabeat. Let me know if this works.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Gary: Oh brother I still haven't figured out how the Step Sequencer in Ultrabeat works in Mainstage. Steve H. says that "[i][b]pattern mode won't work unless Logic's sequencer is running[/b][/i]". Does that mean that I have to run Logic while using Mainstage? Dang, I just can't get this:( Do you have Skype? Maybe we could screen share:) Thanks again. I'll keep plugging away at it:) riftmazefee
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=riftmazefee]Hi again Gary: Oh brother I still haven't figured out how the Step Sequencer in Ultrabeat works in Mainstage. Steve H. says that "[i][b]pattern mode won't work unless Logic's sequencer is running[/b][/i]". Does that mean that I have to run Logic while using Mainstage? Dang, I just can't get this:( Do you have Skype? Maybe we could screen share:) Thanks again. I'll keep plugging away at it:) riftmazefee[/quote] Hey Jodie! Long time no see/read. Hope you're well! Try this: 1. Launch Mainstage and choose the Empty Drums Template 2. In Edit Mode open the Ultrabeat plug-in and enable pattern mode. 3. Switch to Perform Mode and choose: Window > Keyboard 4. Use the arrow on the left of the keyboard to move down the octaves until you see the lowest key displays: C -1 (NOT C 1) 5. Hit C -1 through to A# -1 and Ultrabeat's Step Sequencer will play back the patterns. Hope this helps :)
  • Jehubyi
    Rounik dude:) How ya doin man? Yeah, oh my gosh it's been a long time no see/chat eh:( How are things with you? I'm doing alright, thanks:) OK, I'm opening Mainstage as we speak. I'll try that out:) Thanks a lot. Jodie p.s. Here is my new band's website: http://www.1gkband.com (please check it out if you have time)
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, Yeah, that worked, BUT, how do I do that with my MIDI controller's keys? That's what I don't get. I mean, I don't wanna have to use the built in keyboard. Thanks again. Jodie
  • GaryHiebner
    This should work on your MIDI controller. You shouldn't need to resort to using the built-in keyboard. Are you triggering notes on your MIDI controller between the C-1 to A#-1 registers? This will be two octaves below C1. So make sure you have changed this on your controller.
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Gary, Oh, you da man. I wasn't putting my controller 2 octaves down! I'm not a keyboard player you know (I'm a drummer). lol I got it working:) Yippy Thanks man. I'll probably be in touch again. riftmazefee
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: