macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Duwycei
    Possible To Trigger Instrument Fades?
    I realize that automation isn't the focus in Mainstage, but is there any roundabout way to trigger fade ins? I'm currently fading in an ultrabeat track into a piano performance using my expression pedal, would prefer to free up my feet. Is this something that can be done with Ableton?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Possible To Trigger Instrument Fades?
    Hi Funkhowser, Check Rounik's post here where he mentions that you can use Logic and Mainstage together for event automation (as Logic has a timeline), but an expression pedal is probably the best route. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/mainstage/29268[/url] You could also try using the Enveloper plugin to dial in some volume fades, but they will be set. You won't be able to change them on the fly. They will be set by the Attack and Release times of the plugin. Ableton has an Events section where you can draw in envelopes on clips. But it will also not be done on the fly, unless you are using a controller like an expression pedal. Any one else have other suggestions?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: