macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Audio Samples in Ultrabeat's Step Sequencer: Drag and Drop
    Hi everyone, Gary, and Rounik: I created an .aiff file via 2 UB loops made in Logic Pro 9, and then imported that .aiff file into the Drag and Drop Samples setting in UB in Mainstage, BUT, when I trigger the step sequencer with the .aiff file, I CAN'T STOP the loop/file until the loop finishes its 32 steps. I want to be able to start/stop the .aiff file loop every time I hit a button on my PCR-300. Any idea why it isn't stopping? Thanks. riftmazefee
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio Samples in Ultrabeat's Step Sequencer: ...
    Hey Jodie, Hmmm... not sure. I can't replicate this behaviour here. Have you drawn a note into the sequencer and are using Pattern Mode to trigger the pattern? If this is the case, make sure the step is as long as you need it to be and set the pattern mode to Toggle or Toggle on Step 1. Hope this helps :) R
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Yeah, a put the file/note on the first step in the sequencer, and am using pattern mode to trigger the patter, and I've stretched the note all the way to the end of the 32 steps, but when I hit my button on my PCR-300, the loop won't stop until the end of the 32 step cycle. I also have it set to Toggle. Does it have something to do with the file being an audio file? I have no idea why it isn't stopping when I hit the button on the PCR :O Thanks. Jodie
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi riftmazefee, Can you try using the Musical Keyboard (Cmd-K) and see if it does the same thing. Then we'll know if it is a Mainstage issue or if it has to do with your PCR controller.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Gary, How do I MAP the musical keyboard in Layout Mode? Do I have to add a 2nd keyboard in addition to my PCR? Thanks. riftmazefee p.s. Please be patient with me:) I have much to learn:)
  • Jehubyi
    Hi everyone, Gary, and Rounik: I'm still having the same problem as I mentioned in the thread on June 16, 2012. Also, I can't figure out how to MAP the musical keyboard (Cmd-K). Thanks. Jodie
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Jodie, What do you wish to map to the Musical Keyboard? Are you just wanting to play notes on the Musical Keyboard to trigger the different patterns? If so make sure the Musical Keyboard is pitched down to C-1 not C (Middle C).
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Gary, Yeah, that's exactly it, and I am pitching it down to C-1, but it isn't triggering the patterns from within UB:( Dang:( Jodie (riftmazefee)
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Jodie, Also make sure that the [b]Pattern Mode[/b] is [b]On[/b], on the Ultrabeat. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_39705_14931_Pattern-On.jpg] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_39705_14931_Pattern-On.jpg[/img] [/url] Then on the Musical Keyboard pitch down to C-1 and it will work.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Gary, Geez, I can't get this:( I am doing everything you say (Pattern Mode is On; Musical Keyboard pitched down to C-1), BUT, how do I 'MAP' the CmdK to my patches/channel strips? Thanks for your patience:) Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: