macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xybyfoy
    32 or 64 bitrate ?
    I have Mainstage 2.2.1 and a macbook pro 10.6.8. and use 8GB ram. On 32 bit I have freezing issues but the CPU meter looks OK (maybe it's the odd spike). I do use a lot of external plug ins with each patch. When I changed to 64 bit the CPU meter went red. Do I have to use high buffers to get round this--using 512 and the keybd feel is a bit muddy.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: 32 or 64 bitrate ?
    That is very strange that in 64-bit mode the CPU goes into the red. ^4-bit mode allows you to access more RAM. So you should have less issues with it. What external plugins are you using? One of them may be the culprit.
  • Xybyfoy
    The native instruments set and arturia analog factory and MTron Pro. Just updated the first two so still to try it out with the 64 bit again
  • GaryHiebner
    You need to try figure out which plugin is causing the CPU spiking issue. Try removing one at a time. And see when the CPU does not spike, then you know it is the plugin that you removed that is causing the problem. Also make sure all your plugins are up-2-date.
  • Xybyfoy
    I'll have a go at that, Gary--thanks again.
  • Xybyfoy
    Gary, I removed analog Factory in case that caused it, upgraded to Mainstage 2.2.2. but still when opening my concert in 64 bits the CPU is way up in the red. In 32 bit there are no such probs but the sound often cuts out for a few seconds while playing. A typical patch may use 2 exs24 ch strips and a MTron Pro and Kontakt 4 ch strips too. All are the most recent versions. I have a buffer of 512 but the keybd feels a little muddy but I am trying to cut down on the sounds cutting out briefly during performance. I have Macbook pro 8GB ram 2.8GHz speed and my computer split into my music part and my email etc and domestic part. I wonder if the Mtron pro can't handle 64 bits. Any further thoughts?
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Jim J, Try removing the other 3rd party plugins to see which one is causing the issue. So for example remove the Mtron Pro and see if the CPU spikes. Its going to have to be a process of elimination. I'm sure it is one of the 3rd party plugins that is causing the issue. You could even try a Mainstage project with only Logic/Mainstage instruments and see if the CPU spikes. Then we'll know if it is a Mainstage or 3rd party plugin issue.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: