macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Screen Control Inspector PARAMETER LABELLING
    Hi everyone, Gary, & Rounik: Another question here about Mainstage: I'm trying to put 'individual labels' for the buttons/knobs/faders/etc. on my MIDI keyboard for the different patches in my sets (eg. I want the labels for patch 1 to be DIFFERENT from the labels in patch 2 to be different from patch 3, etc.), but when I change the labels for any particular patch, it changes the entire concert label as well. Is there any way to get 'individual labels' for different patches? There is an OVERRIDE PARENT MAPPING option, but it never highlights so that I can click it. Is it even possible? Thanks always. riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Screen Control Inspector PARAMETER LABELLING
    Hi riftmazefee, From what I understand '[i]Override Parent Mapping[/i]' only allows you to overide the EQ and Effect settings for different channel strips in Mainstage. From my tests you can only have one label. You cannot have different individual labels for the different patches. Does anyone else know of a way to achieve this?
  • Jehubyi
    Hi Gary: Yeah, I've been fuddling around with the edit & layout modes but can't figure a way to get individual labels for different patches. It's gotta be possible somehow! Maybe I should contact Martin Sitter and see what he thinks, if I don't hear from Rounik in the next little while. Thanks though Gary:) riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Sorry riftmazefee. Unfortunately I don't use Mainstage as much as I use Logic. If I do come across anything I will let you know. Let us know if you do find a solution.
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Gary, No worries:) That's called 'learning' eh:) lol Thanks always. riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Its a never stop learning game with software. But that is what is so cool about it. You always learn something new, no matter how long you've been using the software for. Good look with the Mainstage-ing.
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Gary, Heh, I'm watching Bill Burgess's Mainstage 101: Core Mainstage tutorial now, and his Patch Parameter Labels are all different for different patches. His screen controls look the same in each of the different patches, but the 'labelling' is different, so it must be possible somehow, but I can't figure it because my Override Parent Mapping box is not highlighted. I read the manual and it said, "When a screen control is mapped at another level, the parameters in the Screen Control Inspector are dimmed and are unavailable. You can override the concert- and set-level mappings for an individual patch, and then map the screen control at the patch level." Now the question is, HOW????????????? lol riftmazefee
  • Jehubyi
    Hi AGAIN Gary, Yippy! I figured it out! I wasn't deleting the label that I had put in Layout Mode, but the Override Parent Mapping box still is lighting up. How come? Thanks. riftmazefee
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi riftmazefee, Sounds like you nearly getting there. There must a way. Its a race to the finish! Let's see who gets the answer first.
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Gary: Hahahahahahahaha alright I'll see you at the finish line in 2nd place :O lol Thanks. riftmazefee
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: