macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bryanshively
    Mainstage Crossfade between sets
    I'm fairly new to Mainstage and I've been researching this topic for several days but haven't had any luck in figuring this issue out. I play keys for a church and I've introduced using plugins into the mix. Since the keys are nearly always the transition piece going from song to song with no breaks I would love to have a crossfade between the different sounds without the abrupt sound change that I'm experiencing now. Is this possible between songs set up as sets so that it goes to the first patch in the next set?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Mainstage Crossfade between sets
    Do the plugins on the keyboard channelstrip change or do they change on another track? So is the keyboard the constant element and other tracks change or does the keyboard track change?
  • bryanshively
    They are separate channel strips in separate patches. The idea I have is that for a setlist someone could load the patches each week for consistency each time the song is played. I'm finding out there is no way to have a crossfade between patches, kinda dissapointing. I'm trying to at least have the ability to fade one down and another up simultaneously but even that is proving difficult. I'm getting an interruption in the sound when I switch patches too and can't figure out how to stop that.
  • bryanshively
    Right now I get an abrupt noise while switching patches and sustaining notes and I don't have this issue with another Mainstage template I'm messing with off of a site. I realize the new patch is not receiving the data from the previous notes played but I can't figure out a way for that to be possible. I guess you can't assign volume mappings for individual patches either at the set level either. 2.2.2 / 32bit 18 gb RAM 2.3 ghz i7 Mountain Lion
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: