macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MainstageMonkey
    MainStage Multiple Midi Input Challenges
    Hi, I am using a midi keyboard to play synth via MainStage and an electronic drum kit to play sounds via Logic Pro X. The keyboard and drum kit are both connected directly to my macbook via USB. I figured out how to stop the keyboard midi messages also triggering Logic but cannot get the drum midi data to stop sending to MainStage. Even though the midi assignments within the Kontakt instances are set to only the midi channel of the keyboard and on the midi input screen there is only my keyboard selected, I am still getting all the midi data from the drums. This data is not triggering the key synth sounds but doing strange things to the sounds like it is sending some expression data possibly. In the assignments and mapping screen it shows a green midi light for the drum data but next to the word "unassigned" and I cannot edit or delete this at all. Has anyone encountered this problem or simply know how to stop all the midi data from one midi source just not triggering MainStage? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Jai
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: