macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ranirou
    How does MainStage send SysEx commands to an external hardware s
    Hello all, I'm wondering how I can get MainStage to send a SysEx command (F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 00 20 F0) to select a Patch in Master Mode of a Motif XF. I can successfully do so from an iPad app, - though I cannot see a place to send this command from a patch in MS. I see where to set MSB/LSB and PrgCh in the MIDI output tab of an External Instrument Channel strip, but no where to have MS send out a SysEx command. Thank you for your time and information in advance, Gary
  • Mainstage
    Re: How does MainStage send SysEx commands to an exter...
    I'm looking into this as well. Seems we have to use something like MidiTranslator to port some controller message over to Sysex. It looks easy enough, just a bit of a pain to bring a third party app into the mix. Then again, the way I'm setting up, I'll be using a combination of MainStage, MidiPipe, and Midi Translator to get the job done! Best of luck Mark
  • Ranirou
    Re: Re: How does MainStage send SysEx commands to an exter...
    Hey Mark, Thanks for the reply. I found that MS CAN send out SysEx commands. It's a bit tedious, but you create a small MIDI file (in Logic or GBand for instance) for each SysEx command that you need to send. In my case above, I created 129 MIDI files, one for every Master Mode location and one to select MasterMode. Then in the MIDI Output Tab of an External Instrument Channel Strip Inspector of each MS Patch, you check Send MIDI file, then select the file. Works great. Also, be careful that "none" is selected in the MIDI Input Tab of the External Instrument Channel Strip Inspector, to avoid any MIDI loops. Check out this post: https://discussions.apple.com/message/25864998#25864998 Good Luck, hope it works with what you're trying to do as it did for me, GRod
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: