macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student445345
    Playback plugin & latency
    I have 4 playback plugins in one group. When I first start playback (with lowest A on the keyboard) I realize a short delay. 2nd start: everthink ok because already buffered. Do you have an idea to buffer it directly on patch change?
  • Joe A
    Re: Playback plugin & latency
    You could try experimenting with the options in Preferences > Audio > Advanced Settings.. Try changing the buffer setting there (lower buffer settings usually mean less latency, though I'm not sure if that would help with inconsistent latency); you could also experiment with the I/O Safety Buffer and Driver latency settings—I remember a while back a friend who was having overload issues with MainStage got it to work more reliably after trying different combinations of these settings.. I guess (if possible) you could try playing the files back from a different HD as well?
  • Student445345
    My workaround is to mute Mainstage and to start and immediately stop the playbacks and to demute again. This takes about 3 seconds and then the files are armed and ready (like the QLab Load feature:-) But I do not always have these 3 seconds during the show. It would be perfect if I could generate a short note command (minimal length) when changing into this preset. Different HD is not possible. Appreciating your help, Joe!
  • Joe A
    Off the top of my head I'm thinking maybe you could add another (ungrouped) Playback plugin to that preset that plays a 1-second silent audiofile, and then set that plugin up to be (one-shot) triggered automatically on switching to the preset (via the "Start on Patch/Set Change" option in the Action popup menu in the upper right of the Playback plugin window). Perhaps that would automatically "wake up" the preset? On the other hand it might not work, you might have to trigger the actual 4-plugin group itself, but it could be worth a try..
  • Student445345
    I'll give it a try. Though I don't think it will be a solution. But - I could also put a second of silence at the end of the playback tracks and use a marker to start that second. Maybe later when starting the whole file it is here.
  • Joe A
    I think that's also worth a try, to get that first delayed start out of the way.. :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: