macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gedekey
    Getting started and locked up
    Can someone help please......I’m getting started on some basic setting up on Mainstage 3 after having watched the tutorials but since I’ve been “fiddling” with things during the process I now can’t figure out how to get back to the beginning “blank” starting page......can’t even figure out how to get to the default start for everything..... I’m stuck on the “edit” page with all the previous settings there from the tutorials and can’t clear back to make a fresh start. Also, when opening the programme, I only am offered 3 previous files (Concerts —that were created while trying to follow the tutorials) and I have to try to backtrack through them to try to find a start somewhere, but have to admit to being totally lost. I only want to get a new Concert open and build a series of instruments to use through a live performance which one of the early tutorials talks about. Any help appreciated......thanks.
  • Joe A
    Re: Getting started and locked up
    Hi Gedekey - AFAICT there's no actual blank starting page—the closest would be to open the "Keyboard" or "Keyboard Minimalist" file (under Keyboard, not under Quick Start) in the dialog box from the File > New... menu (Command-N). Alternatively you could create your own blank template by deleting the Classic Electric Piano Patch (in Untitled Concert on the left in Edit view), deleting the three reverb Channel Strips on the right, and removing (or bypassing) the two plug-ins in the Master (Output 1-2) Channel Strip, and then using Save As... to save the resulting blank concert as "Blank Template" or something like that (if you put a space or number (0) at the beginning of the name the new blank template will appear first in the My Concerts category in the New File dialog). You should probably lock the new template file in Finder (to avoid overwriting it accidentally)—the file should be found in ~/Music/MainStage—new Concerts can created from that blank template by using Save As...
  • Gedekey
    Thank-you....that's the page I've been hunting for that I knew was there and for the life of me couldn't locate. Really appreciate your help.....
  • Joe A
    Hi Gedekey - Glad to help! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: