macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Kore 2 in Logic Pro 8..sidechaining
    I hope this is a relevant place to ask this. I downloaded the Kore 2 tutorial. It doesn't mention sidechaining Kore 2. When sidechaining Kore 2 in Logic 8...what part of Kore gets utilised in the sidechain ? I used an audio loop and... I only heard something when the effects were on the loop...but I am used to the way ES2 does it's sidechains...via it's routers.. and I am a little lost on Kore 2. The manual doesn't mention it and NI website gives me no joy. Please help. I also find a chapter doesn't play in the tutorial. Otherwise... I'm loving all the tutorials I have bought.Thanks to anyone that can help me.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kore 2 in Logic Pro 8..sidechaining
    Hi pala, Welcome to the forums! Sure, I'm moving this to the new Native Instrument sub forum ;-) I'm not sure if Kore 2 instruments have side chaining directly available in the plug-in interface... However, depending on the effect you are after, if you want to effect the signal of a Kore sound via a different audio track say, then place a side chain-able effect plug-in on the Kore track (noise gate, compressor etc) and route "Side chain" to the output of an audio track or a Bus. This can give a "ducking/gated" rhythmic effect. Check out the AutoFilter plug-in for applying some interesting filter effects! ---- Which chapter doesn't play for you? Please do contact Support directly about this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] They'll do their best to help you with that issue. Let me know if this helps at all... Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks , Rounik. Yes, the kind support people did ' fill in' the missing chapter very quickly. Regarding the sidechaining..I had wanted those sweet rhythmic modulations independently using a drum or guitar audio file...as is possible in other plug-ins. Modulation , LFO and Envelope etc. I was surprised to find I couldn't do that. I know that I will have to rely on the plug-ins like Massive placed in the Performance. Thanks for letting me know so I can get back to the music without having to scratch my head too much. The tutorial itself has TOTALLY instilled confidence and I love the way audio routing and midi were explained too. Peace
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pala, I'm not an expert (yet) on NI products, but do check out using the Autofilter for it's sidechain-able properties... you can produce some very interesting results... Thank you for the feedback on the tutorial, and really glad you have enjoyed it! :-) Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks..I have tried a number of things. I'm loving it. Incidentally, I was an instrument-only musician, meaning.. guitar mainly..but I saw Logic in studios.I wanted that production control over my own music. Now I have it on my MacPro..along with Kore 2 and a Mackie control surface plus some Genelec speakers.I love the morphing of sound.Still have my guitars too. My friends are amazed at how much I have learned in such a short time.This would not have been possible without the tutorials available here.If people ask me, I just say BUY the tutorials. I saved hard for my gear and sacrificed a lot.People here on this site can also relate to that, no doubt. The tutorials are always at hand..for viewing over and over.Priceless. Thanks for listening to this..and I'm not getting paid by Apple either !! Haha
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi pala, I'm glad you're enjoying your Mac, Kore 2 and of course the tutorials! Thanks for the feedback. It's always much appreciated. :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: