macProVideo.com
Forums
  • James M
    Function Keys and Kore
    Hi All Cheers scott for this great tutorial, loving it. Kore seems like a great program and its great to have this tutorial to help with the steep learning curve. Just a quick question for anyone, hopefully quiet basic. But for some reason my function keys are not working as shortcut keys to open the global area or edit area or any of the other areas of Kore. For example F4 that should bringup the browser still brings up the MAX OS dashboard. Any help much appreciated cause i love shortcut keys and its tedious to have to move the mouse ove the buttons all the time! James
  • Vawymia
    Re: Function Keys and Kore
    One thing to check is to see if your Mac is capturing the function keys before KORE can. For example, you may have F4 assigned to Dashboard which would take precedence over KORE's reading the function keys. This is easy to fix. Just go to System Preferences and check under "Keyboard & Mouse" for Keyboard Shortcuts. Remap any that are conflicting with KORE. You may also need to go to "Expose & Spaces" and remap those keys also. There's one other thing that may be happening. On some Mac keyboards, you have to hold down the "fn" key as well as the function key to activate the function key (like you hold down Shift to get a capital letter). On the keyboard I'm using now, if I press the key labeled F4 and with a 'speedometer' icon, I get the Dashboard, but if I hold down the "fn" key and THEN press F4, I get an F4. Hope this helps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: