macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wudatuu
    CPU problems
    Ok, I've hit another difficulty. If I load more than two sounds in Kore 2 the CPU meter is way past halfway and there's lots of clicking. And if I load more than 3 sounds it's 100% CPU & 100% distortion (and not the good kind). Don't know what the problem is. When I watch the tutorial I see Steve using 3-4 sounds without too much of a hit on his CPU. I'm using a G5 with Tiger and 5 GB of memory. Anyone know what I've done wrong or a way around this? (I haven't even installed it in Logic yet and I was going to get Komplete 5 today but I need this problem sorted first) Thanks, F7
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: CPU problems
    Hi Francis 7, There could be many reasons why this is the case. Performance of plugins and DAWs vary from system to system. Intel Macs tend to offer far greater performance over G5's. If you're using it in Logic: Check in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices] What is your I/O Buffer Size set to? Lower value = less latency, but more strain on your CPU. Higher Value = larger latency, but less strain on your CPU. (Try raising the value) By the way, if you haven't installed it in Logic yet, how are you trying it out? How much free space do you have on your Mac's Hard disk? What about the Audio Interface you are using? Do you have the latest drivers? Do you have other applications open at the same time? Thanks Rounik
  • Wudatuu
    Hi Rounik, thanks for the reply. I'm watching the training with Kore 2 as a stand alone at the moment. So I haven't opened Logic yet and tried it as a plug in. I was going to do that after I watched the training. I have over 750GB of free space The audio interface is Apogee Duet. The only apps open would be Kore 2 & NED. Do you think that it's because I'm using a PPC rather than Intel? If that's the case then I'm stuck with this problem until I upgrade. thanks, Francis
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Francis, Everything seems good... but I'm not a Kore2 user - so couldn't say definitely whether an Intel would give you better performance. I suspect it would though. Other things to consider... In your Audio MIDI Setup (in Applications/Utilities) what Sample rate do you have set? In Kore 2 (standalone) there must be some settings to improve performance, perhaps to do with buffer settings, no of voice, etc... I would investigate these. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: