macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dynamicalan
    Using Kore 2 Demo
    Hello, is a Kore interface is required as a controller for Kore. After loading a sound in I get no sound out through my m-audio controller. Thanks, Alan
  • Stevesaxman
    Re: Using Kore 2 Demo
    Hey Dynamicalan, The Kore controller is not a requirement to use the program. It is, however, a stellar piece of gear for the money and its immediately integrated control surface. I also use an m-audio controller (axiom 61 to be exact). If you could answer these questions, perhaps I can help you. -Are you using the USB cable out of your controller directly into your computer? -Directly under your input source (the instrument you selected) you will see two tabs; one for audio and one for midi. After clicking the midi tab you will see a drop down box that tells the program where your midi messages are coming from. Is "all" selected? - You may also want to make sure that your systems audio preferences is assigned to the appropriate device, i.e. your interface, line-in, etc. Have you checked that? -Have you checked the File>audio and midi settings>midi from Kore's menu? You may want to make sure that your controller is listed and that you have your input and output status to on. I, too, had this issue when I first started using the software. Once you get rockin' it is really sweet. You should also check out the Kore tutorial here at macprovideo. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/nativeinstruments101[/url] It's a really fabulous bit of education. Scott Freiman is an awesome trainer and he did an excellent job explaining everything. You will be blown away! I hope this helps, please let me know!!! -Steve
  • dynamicalan
    Hay Steve, I am sorry for the trouble I got the sounds to load. I am new to core and I didn't realize you need to double click the column to the right. Thanks for taking the time to answer this post and for the advice on Scott Freiman. I think that would be a great tutorial. To answer your question I do use a USB directly into my computer from my very old M-Audio 49 key. I never had a setup problem with that keyboard such as needing to installing the disk or assigning the audio device and it always showed up in the Audio Midi setup. I hope you are doing well. Sincerely, Alan
  • Stevesaxman
    Hey Alan, I'm glad its working for you! It's funny to me how most of the problems I have end up being some little detail that I overlooked. Thank Heavens for sites like this one. I'd love to hear how using Kore is working out for you now and what you are using it for.... Cheers, Steve
  • dynamicalan
    Steve, I sent the thread right after I had downloaded the demo. After I got sounds I realized that the sounds were very limited so I wasn't able to use it to see what sounds there are and how they sound but I think that the purchase of all of it would be enough. That's sometime down the road though. What I have been doing lately is going through the Ultrabeat Tutorial several times. I know it's against the thread to say though. I wont say anymore about that. I looked at some of the controls on Kore and I still get that high pitch sound on the top of the attack, as with the EXS-24 but I think the sounds are possible to tweak to sound good. Sincerely, Alan
  • Stevesaxman
    Yo Alan! Cool man, the fact of the matter is that there are infinite ways to create sound. I think what you are doing is great. Sometimes I tend to put the cart before the horse by wanting to get a little bit of everything and then I realize I am going nowhere fast!! By doing what you are doing, you are building a great foundation and beyond. I would love to hear some of your stuff sometime. All the best, Steve
  • dynamicalan
    steve, I am going to quote over to ultrabeat Kore a new thread so we can discuss Ultrabeat. Alan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: