macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vawymia
    Native Instruments -- Tips and Tricks
    Now that Advanced Kontakt is done (all four hours of it!), I have started to gather some ideas for a "Native Instruments Tips and Tricks" course. This would consist of 20-minute-ish videos delivered each month that covered various tips and tricks with Kontakt, Massive, Battery, Reaktor, Kore, and the other Native Instruments synths. Steve H. has had great reviews for his Logic Tips and Tricks videos, so I wanted to follow in the steps of a master! I'd love to hear from those of you who have purchased my Native Instruments tutorials to get your feedback on (a) what you think about a Tips and Tricks course and (b) any ideas for topics you would like me to cover. Thanks for your input!
  • Nitro
    Re: Native Instruments -- Tips and...
    I am loving the way you teach, it's straightforward, easy to understand and after watching the tutorials you need to mess around for a while and you're almost like a pro! I would love to see the t'n't tutorials, I have everything that NI has made till date, am a big fan!
  • danishgreg
    Great idea.I would love say where you start with drums - Battery then add something from the synths especially Reaktor.
    Great idea.I would love say where you start with drums - Battery then add something from the synths especially Reaktor.
  • Kygikoe
    Hi Scott, Would really love to see something on Reaktor. Its such a complicated program, its hard to know where to begin. That said, I guess a good place to start would be at the beginning, for newbies like me. Its a huge undertaking but I really believe a lot of people would be interested in this.
  • Vawymia
    Hey, Bandwidth. Did you check out the KOMPLETE tutorial I did for MacProVideo? There's a great REAKTOR tutorial which takes you through the basics, as well as a bunch of instruments. That said, I am thinking about a REAKTOR Tip and Trick for one of the upcoming months.
  • Kygikoe
    Great! I didn't realise it had so much on Reaktor. I will deffinately check this out for sure. I downloaded some sequencers from www.twistedtools.com which are really good and not very expensive. You may have heard of them, well worth checking out. Maybe now I'll be able to use them properly :). Some tips and tricks on this knd of stuff might also be very interesting. I'm also curious why there is no mention of the A.E.T Technology on either of the Kontakt tutorials. Maybe I over looked something or just missed the point. I've been using it and it seems straight forward enough but I was wondering about morphing between different instruments smoothly. Again, maybe I overlooked it. Anyway, sorry to change treads there. Thank you again Scott! Great tutorials!!
  • Rationalizer
    Reaktor is going to be updated soon to version 5.5, so it would be great to have tips and tricks to the new version also. How about something on Maschine? And I concure: your tutorials are very helpfull and you're a true expert. So thank you is in order :)
  • Vawymia
    I'm hoping to do a What's New In Reaktor tutorial as soon as 5.5 comes out.
  • Tekemou
    Scott, Your tutorials are great and I have all of them. I really want to get into using Reaktor as a multichannel sound module, the way I use Kontakt. Load up a number of synths into an ensemble and assign them each to a midi channel and play away. This would seem like the logical way of working since you can save the complete ensemble with all of your synths with the project, rather than a bunch of different ensembles for each sound. The issue is that this is not very straight forward and in your tutorials you cover a lot of standalone use so I dont think this was covered. For one, when you load up a instance of reaktor, you get a 2 channel mixer so this needs to be replaced with a larger one, and I believe the most the application comes with is an 8 mono channel mixer, so I'd probably have to search the user library for this. Was this explained in one of your videos already? If not can you please add this to a tips and tricks because I feel that if this were more straightforward a lot more people would use reaktor.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: