macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pugahey
    Envelope Follower Question...
    Studying all of Scott's great Kontakt tutorials. Been using this program since 2004 and didn't realize how little I knew of its possibilities. Really great info. I'm trying to get a handle on the envelope follower and using it to sync a bassline to tempo as demonstrated in video 51. But all I can create at best is a little chaos. Anyone have any pointers as to how I can make my bassline (created in the 32 step modulator) lock up with my drumbeat in Logic. Yes, I have the "tempo sync" button on. :)
  • Vawymia
    Re: Envelope Follower Question...
    In video 51, I am using a flexible envelope -- not an envelope follower. The flexible envelope can be mapped to the frequency of the 32-step modulator (for example). Now, the speed of the step modulator will go up and down according to the shape of the envelope. For example, if you draw a shape like a mountain. The step modulator will speed up until it hits the "peak" of the mountain, and then it will slow back down as it heads to the valley. You need to play with the modulation intensity for the envelope as well as the default frequency setting of the step modulator. An envelope follower works differently. It is useful if you want the behavior of one sound to follow the behavior of another. For example, if you have a piano patch that you play loud and hold, the attack is quick and the decay is long. If you set up an envelope follower that controls a filter, the filter will open quickly with the piano's attack and then close slowly as the piano decays. Play around with it, and let me know how it goes. And thanks for the kind words about the tutorial!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: