macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tekemou
    TNT: Reaktor as Multichannel Issues
    Hi Scott, I recently watched your TNT on Reaktor and it is very good and clear (as all of your TNT's are). However I am having some issues implementing the processes explained unless I follow your TNT exactly. Basically if I dont add Lazerbass first, I see the messy structure of the instruments added. For instance if I add the instruments in a different order there are issues as I see more of the structure of the instrument...for instance add nanowave first. Or add other instruments it becomes and even bigger mess (for instance add akkord or carbon 2 first). Also certain instruments do not allow you to delete them. With a right click I cant delete lazerbass or nanowave, but I can with Steampipe or Carbon 2. Here is a short clip showing the entire above process: http://screencast.com/t/DdoFZQseaUR1 When I add Akkord first I get this message in this screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/OsARsElEFnGF However if I add Lazerbass first and then Akkord, things look like your example. It seems that all instruments are a mess if Lazerbass is not added first. It seems that Lazerbass is doing something to the ensemble first. So the only way I can delete it is going into the structure, yet some of the lazerbass instrument still exists graphically so it must be a bug. Here is a quick video showing this process: http://screencast.com/t/C3kVxljf3gK Bottom Line: I wanted to first do this multichannel rack (Reason-like) way of working because I thought it would be a cleaner way of working if ...if you make custom edits to ensembles...like adding effects, etc. After completing your example and adding some instruments to 1 ensemble I tried working with it and noticed a serious processor hit. I remember reading that in Logic each instance of a plugin can only use a single core so if I add too many things in one ensemble I run the risk of bogging down my system on the first plugin instance. Do you think it is better to spread processor intensive plugins across plugin slots? In light of this I tried using Vienna Ensemble Pro to load different instances of Reaktor so I could essentially use Reaktor as a multichannel plugin in Logic via Vienna but noticed on midi channel 2 I could not get any sound out of Reaktor. Do you know what might be causing this issue or what settings I need to configure in Reaktor? Essentially I am just loading a new instance of Reaktor and a new ensemble for it via a new slot of VEP, I am not doing any routing within Reaktor. Logic calls up channel 2 for VEP and I figured Reaktor would output sound via Omni or channel 1 or 2. It seems to be receiving the midi, and I can get sound out of that instance if I set it to receive midi channel 1 like the first instance of Reaktor that I setup. Can anyone shed any light on what I might be doing wrong here?
  • Vawymia
    Re: TNT: Reaktor as Multichannel I...
    Hey, DR. Thanks for your message. I am away for the Thanksgiving holiday, but I'll take a look at this as soon as I get back and post my response. One thing that would be helpful is if you could post a screencast of what you are doing with VEP in your last example. I use VEP to host my plug-ins, but I haven't used it with Reaktor yet so I want to see what you are doing.
  • Tekemou
    Hi Scott, Thanks for your reply. Here is a screencast of the solution to the VEP issue: http://screencast.com/t/9bcKKfRdMbn You have to change the midi channel in 2 places. In 5.5 with the connect tab enabled change the midi channel (it will say ensemble above CONNECT), then click the instrument name in the pane view (it will say instrument above CONNECT). The other issues seem to be bugs in the latest version but please check them out. The more pressure put on NI to resolve these issues before the upcoming 64 bit update, the better.
  • Vawymia
    I filmed a quick example of adding Akkord followed by Lazerbass. It worked fine for me. Make sure you have the latest versions of Logic and Reaktor. ALso, the structure window will get kind of screwy depending on how you add your instruments. The easiest way to do what you want is to first create an empty ensemble and drag instruments into it. As far as using a multichannel plug vs. separate Reaktor plug-ins, I would go for separate plug-ins. Makes it much easier to manage and may be easier on the CPU. Use the multichannel Reaktor if there is a good reason to (like controlling a combined REAKTOR instrument and effect on separate MIDI channels). Hope this helps: http://bit.ly/gLRhFa
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: