macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cejunee
    NI Komplete 7 and Logic Pro 9.1.3
    Are there any compatibility issues between Logic Pro 9.1.3 32-bit and NI Komplete 7? Do the instruments just show up as AU's like any other? I am running the 32 bit version because I have an Antares program that won't run on 64 bit and I only have 4 GB of RAM anyway, so the 64 bit doesn't really mean anything to me (until I upgrade). Is there any issue with Komplete 7? Are there any issues with SL? I am running 10.6.5 on a 2.85 GHz iMac. Thanks very much for your help!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: NI Komplete 7 and Logic Pro 9....
    Hi Scott, I'm not sure... I don't have Komplete 7 to test it out. Should be fine, best thing is to try it out on your system. 1. Select the Logic Pro.app in your applictions folder. 2. Command+I (Get info) 3. Tick 'run in 64-bit' 4. Launch Logic and in a new empty project test out Komplete 7. ... this is assuming you have Komplete 7 of course ;-)) R
  • Cejunee
    Re: NI Komplete 7 and Logic Pro 9....
    Thanks. I did get Komplete 7 and it seems to work fine so far. One important item that could help others: I experienced crackling sounds which, based on the NI manual, seemed like it might be caused by a CPU or RAM overload, in which case they suggest increasing the latency time. That's fine, except you can't do that on the NI programs as they describe if you want to affect the AU plug-in operation. That adjustment (increased latency) must be made under Logic's Preferences/Audio area. Once I made that adjustment, the crackling went away... However, I am wondering if that adjustment will affect other things INTERNAL to Logic... Also, am I right in assuming that the latency does not show up when you actually bounce a final mix offline? Or is it better to freeze the tracks that use the NI plug-ins so that they are not actually being processed during final bounce? Obviouly, ny objective is to avoid any latency in the final mix, even if I have to live with it during contruction.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: