macProVideo.com
Forums
  • eartoyz
    Kore 2 patches
    So I like to follow along while watching the tutorials, but none of the patches are in my version of Kore 2, and I have the one with the comtroller. In fact it seems that none of the Komplete 7 factory patches are viewable or searchable in Kore 2. I have done a name search on all the patches Scott is using and think I may have found one out of the many. All the extra soundpacks and Kontakt add ons show up in the Kore browser menu, but not any of the Kore 2s factorypatches or any of Komplete's factory patches. Can someone please inform me as to how to get these into Kore? Thanks!!!
  • Stevesaxman
    Re: Kore 2 patches
    Hey Eartoyz, I hope your well. I do know that once you install your sound packs, you are supposed to open Kore in stand alone mode. Have you done that? This allows the program to re-scan your available plug-ins. If you have already done that, perhaps try the re-scan plug-ins options in the Kore preferences. Also, check to make sure that you have AU and VST checked in the plug-in prefs. Unfortunately, I am not in front of my computer as I am at the day gig. Otherwise I would be a bit more specific. Another thing to consider if the above does not help would be to launch Service Center and make sure everything is activated. By doing that, you will also be able to see if there are any updates that need to be installed in case there was a fix to a known bug. I hate bugs....I hope this helps!! Keep me posted:-)
  • eartoyz
    Thanks Steve! I did a re-scan and it corrected some libraries that weren't properly located and then screwed up some that were. N.I. sent me some software that is supposed to align the libraries with Kore correctly. Going to give that a go today, fingers crossed! Thanks for your reply! Alan
  • Stevesaxman
    Hey Alan, My fingers are crossed for you (very hard to type though)! Let me know how it works, I'm quite curious about it actually. It's probably a good rule of thumb to check in with the Service Center app periodically for updates that address issues similar to this. I, too, have had some library issues before and it can be frustrating. That being said, the frustration did not last long once I checked for updates. I'm looking forward to hearing if you get the issue resolved and also how you are using Kore in your music projects. Cheers, Steve
  • eartoyz
    Steve, The script they sent me to run on my system seem to take care of most of the issues. One I have found that I can resolve though is that old patches from FM7, Absynth 3&4, are listed in Kore 2 ,but not found in their legacy locations, which I am going to delete, because they are found in Absynth 5 and FM8 respectively. Kore will load all the Battery kits, but I get no sound, I suspect that is an output setting issue. Some samples are not found(True Strike,Evolve Mutations,etc) until I search with spotlight, then when it founds them it loads properly, but when I reload the same patch it still doesn't remember where they are, even though the expected place listed is the same exact place it finds them with spotlight. Don't really have a clue as to how to resolve that one. So there are still issues, but I know how to deal with most of them. If you have any further insight please let me know. I always make sure I am up to date through service center, and in fact using the new beta version of Kontakt which seems to be fairly stable so far. As far as I how I use Kore, I have a studio her in Memphis, and do everything from rap/hip hop,house,downtempo, film and TV work, whatever I can to keep the bills paid!;) I am a logic user starting with ATARI in 1988. Thanks for your assistance!
  • Stevesaxman
    WOW!!! Atari! I'm glad you have found some work-arounds but I'm sad it is not working as optimally as it should. Maybe Scott Freiman has some ideas??? I'm certainly happy to hear that you are able to pay your bills making music....that is the dream!! Do you like mutations? I haven't tried it yet... maybe Santa will hook me up with a soundpack stocking stuffer:-) I have a couple gigs this weekend, but I'll be back in the studio Sunday and Kore will be the first place I dive into. If I find some more solutions, I will be sure to post them here for you. All the Best! Steve p.s. I just wrote a song that happens to mention Memphis.....ironic
  • eartoyz
    I successfully deleted all the old duplicate patches that would load with a question mark. Now the only existing weirdness is why Kore won't find some of the soundpack samples when it displays their exact location! I like mutations a lot, it has a nice cross section of sounds that can be used in many different genres. I would recommend it! I am sort of an anomaly in Memphis, most musicians are into either traditional(blues,rock,etc)or rootsy garage grunge, or straight gangsta style rap. I do all that and more, I love electronic music of most any genre. I play live on occasion, but not much money in that, as there are so many musicians they play for next to nothing just to be in front of an audience. I have been using Mainstage, but am seriously thinking about moving over to Kore for live stuff. I think Memphis is perhaps in more lyrics than any other city in the world! Good luck at your gigs this weekend!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: