macProVideo.com
Forums
  • lyghtningrod
    legato in Kontakt 4
    Hi Scott, I'm new to NI, and I'm trying to get a good legato sound from the violin patches. In your video, which used Kontakt 3, there was a knob for legato, but I can't find it on K4. Could you tell me where it might be, or what I'm missing? Thanks, Rod
  • Vawymia
    Re: legato in Kontakt 4
    Hi, Rod. Can you please tell me what video (and what course) you are looking at so I can help you out? Thanks.
  • lyghtningrod
    In NI2: Complete NI Komplete, in Vid #86, there is a screenshot of the violin ensemble. THere are four knobs in the center, from left to right they are Legato, Harmonics, and Constrain to scale (I think that's what it says). But when I open my panel I see a different selection of knobs, [img]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2171/knobs.png[/img] It's likely I'm missing the obvious, but I'd like to find it. Thanks Rod
  • Vawymia
    The newer versions of the orchestral instruments do not have a legato script. If you want to use the legato script, there are two choices: 1) Select an instrument from the "Legacy VSL Instruments" under the Orchestral bank. Make sure you select one from a "Legato Instruments" category, such as you'll find under the Violin Ensemble. Click the wrench to go into edit mode and then choose Script Editor by pressing the Script Editor button. The second tab shows the Legato Tool. 2) If you wish to use the Legato Tool with another instrument such as the new orchestral instruments, it's a little more involved. For some reason, the Legato Tool script doesn't show up in the Script menu. So, you need to follow the directions to step 1 above, go to the Preset menu under the Script Editor/Legato Tool tab, and choose "save preset...". Call it "Legato Tool". Now, open another instrument, go into edit mode, choose the Script Editor button, and select the Legato Tool preset from the Preset->User menu. A lot of work to do something simple, I know. Hopefully, it makes sense. Good luck!
  • lyghtningrod
    Thanks. I'll give it a try and see what happens. And this just gives me a chance to learn more stuff. Cool I'll be back.
  • Joxygiu
    best tutorial, thanks for everything, wondering if you could make a tutorial for a massive synth:)
  • Vawymia
    I did a pretty detailed tutorial on Massive as part of the Komplete course. I'm waiting for NI to come out with an update, and then I'll seriously consider a dedicated course on Massive. In the meantime, watch out for the February NI Tips and Tricks. You may like what you see...!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: