macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Majimue
    Kontakt 4 Arpeggiator, Harmonizer, Poly Step Tabs: gone?
    I just recently sprung for Komplete 4 and am making my way through Scott's excellent Introductory videos. Although Scott's tutorials are based on Komplete 6, most of the material is easy to "translate" into Komplete 7. There is one exception and I'm kind of pulling my hair out trying to figure it: In the Kontakt videos Scott shows nifty Tabs like Arpeggiator, Harmonizer, Poly Step and Drum Computer. Have these been done away with in Kontakt 4? I have poked around in the Script Editor and found the Poly Step and Arp controls but they seem to lack functionality (presets? harmonizer controls?) and it seems counter-intuitive that an update would require more mousing... Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to get at these legacy tabbed views? Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I am so grateful for the awesome tutorials!!!
  • Vawymia
    Re: Kontakt 4 Arpeggiator, Harmonizer, Poly Step Tabs: gone?
    Glad you're enjoying the tutorials, grazhoppah. If you give me a specific video or two from the Komplete course, I'll be better able to answer your question. I think it's just a matter of enabling some scripts, but I want to make sure I'm answering the correct question! Just reply to this email with the video numbers, and I'll get back to you ASAP.
  • Majimue
    Thank you for the swift reply! It's an honor to hear back from you. I have benefited enormously from the courses, and also enjoyed your recent interview on the MPV Blog! My question stems from the "Native Instruments 102 : Complete NI Komplete" course. A couple examples: * 86. Orchestral, Band, and World Collections: At the end of the video you demo a drum kit instrument, Bling Bling which features a Drum Computer Tab. I dont seem to have this tab in Kontakt 4. * In the same video, also at the end, you demo a Kalimba Instrument from the World Collection. There is a Tuning tab that looks cool but does not seem to exist as a Tab in my version of Kontakt. * 87. Synth and Vintage Collections: At the beginning of this video, you demo a synth instrument called Bedrockers. The built-in sequencer is but a tab away - Poly Step. This tab no longer seems to exist in Kontakt 4. * Later in the same video you demo a couple of patches with Arpeggiator and Harmonizer Tabs which also dont seem to exist in K4. I ventured under the hood a bit and discovered the Scripts that relate to some of the Tab functions. But since the Scripts are less convenient, less glitzy and less integrated than the Tabs, I thought I would ask if the Tabs really have been eliminated? Or is there a magic button to reveal them? Thank you again Scott and I greatly appreciate your patience for this newbie question! Beth aka Grazhoppah
  • Vawymia
    The bad news is that Native Instruments removed a bunch of the tabs from instruments in the factory library. Not sure why they did this. The good news is that it's not that hard to get them back. It sounds like you have already found the Scripts by going to the Script Editor tab of the Instrument Editor. Once you have added a script (e.g. Drum Computer or Tuning), include the make_perfview line near the top of the script. See video 93 for directions on how to do this. Now, your instrument will have a tab with the user interface to the script. The formatting isn't always great, but you can definitely do what you need. Hope this helps.
  • Majimue
    Thank you so much! It is indeed just what I am looking for. Video 93 is very clear (sorry I didn't see it earlier) -- it's great to have the Tabs just a few keystrokes away. Thanks again! I really appreciate the help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: