macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jebekiu
    using Kontakt as a midi effect
    video 97,tutorial complete NI Komplete. the moment I open kontakt and drag it before the instrument,I've no sound anymore. solution best regards, PS
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: using Kontakt as a midi effect
    Hi PS Did you follow all the same steps as Scott... i.e. Creating a blank Kontakt instrument and loading the harmoniser script? What instrument dobyoubhave after Kontakt? Thanks Rounik
  • Jebekiu
    yes I did, firts,I loaded an FM 8 instrument in Kore,play my keyboard and I can hear the sound and see the midi signal coming in in FM8. then I load kontakt 4 in the same slot and drag it above the FM8 instrument,creat a blank Kontakt instrument and open the harmonizer script. there is no sound when I play the keyboard. I see that midi is coming in in Kore and Kontakt,but there is no midi signal in the FM8 instrument anymore. how can I fix the problem. Regards, PS
  • Jebekiu
    Hi, I've done the same exercise on my other computer(you never know) but it's the same here. no (midi) input on the instrument after I drag the Kontakt instrument above that instr. is there anyone who can help me. regards, PS
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi PS Let me see if I can get som more help on this... Thanks!
  • Vawymia
    After some banging my head against the wall, I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, this only works if you use the VST version of Kontakt. There is a setting in the Kontakt->Options on the Engine page that lets you choose to send MIDI to the outside world. Make sure you have "script generated notes" turned on. But, even with it on, it doesn't seem to work with the Audio Unit version of the plug-in. Let me know if that solves your problem.
  • Jebekiu
    Ok,problem solved, sorry for your head,get well soon. thanks, Regards PS
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: