macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Togugei
    Kontakt Questions
    Hey Guys, I am considering picking up Komplete 7, but I have a couple of questions regarding Kontakt if I may? So a lot of commercial Kontakt libraries come with the free player right? However, if you have the full version installed, can you just install a purchased library without the free player? Also, how future-proof are these commercial libraries likely to be? I mean, are they likely to retain compatibly with future versions of Kontakt? I apologise if these questions seem a bit daft, but I don't have any experience with NI products as such. Thank you.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Kontakt Questions
    Hi RIchie, Native Instruments have a very, very good reputation in the Pro Audio world.... just thought I'd start with that ;-) Because you own the full player you'll be able to load purchased libraries directly into the full blown Kontakt. AFAIK there's no 100% guarantee in the world of software that current libraries will be compatible with future versions of anything... but it would be a very odd move by any company to make them incompatible - especially with such a large Pro and Prosumer user base. It's better to contact NI directly to see what their company policy is on this - but personally, I'd be very, very surprised if current libraries were rendered incompatible by future versions of Kontakt or at least could not be converted . It's not in any company that make Samplers interest to do this. Look at Logic's EXS24 - the same format's been used for at least 9/10 years. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Togugei
    Hi Rounik, First of all, thank you for your swift response. I know NI have a great rep, and I've been contemplating the Komplete purchase for a while now. There are a number of great looking products in the suite, but Kontakt is one of the main draws for me. Its nice to know that I can forget about installing any additional players once I have the full version installed. On the compatibility issue, yeah I understand that there are no hard and fast guarantees where software is concerned. Thanks for putting it into perspective though. Generally speaking, is it fair to say that one can purchase Kontakt libraries with a good degree of confidence regarding future compatibility? Incidentally, I'm looking forward to jumping into some top NI tutorial type action. :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Richie! My pleasure! I hope that indeed purchased Kontakt libraries will indeed be fully compatible with future versions. It really makes sense - otherwise who would upgrade or buy a newer version of Kontakt if it didn't support their existing libraries... but... more than that, I say "I hope so" simply because I've got a copy of Komplete 7 winging it's way over to me ;-) The NI tutorials here are excellent. It's beacuse of Scott Freiman's tutorials that I've decided to dive in! Can't wait. Let me know how you get on. :)
  • Togugei
    Hi Rounik, Yes that makes perfect sense. I'm a long-time Logic user so the EXS is something I'm familiar with. I guess because I haven't used Kontakt before, I just wanted to be sure about how things worked. I have purchased quite a number of tutorials from mPV and I've been delighted with them. I have no doubt that the NI series will also be first-rate. I'll certainly let you know how I get on. Thanks again, and have fun with the new toys. :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Richie, You know I'm in the same boat. I've been using the EXS24 as my primary sampler since 2002!! It is possibly the most CPU-efficient sampler around but Kontakt has much more on offer. Thanks :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: