macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Machine Routing/ Multi-Output Logic 9
    Hello. I just got Maschine.I instantiated it in Multi-Output stereos/monos mode.But didn't know where to go from there. What to do within the Maschine to ensure that the sounds are sent into different outs ? I would like to send the kick , snares etc to individual mixer channels in Logic, just like Ultrabeat in it's Multi-Output mode. Whereby we can control volumes, pans etc and process each sound using the plug -ins in Logic 9. Can someone please outline in very basic steps how I can do this ? I would appreciate this so much.I can't find any straightforward advice elsewhere. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Machine Routing/ Multi-Output Logic 9
    Hi logicluvva, I don't have Maschine yet... Here's how I believe it can be done... Click on the Sound tab (in orange - and next to Master & Group). Choose the Ext Out for the selected sound. You should now be able to repeat this for each 'Sound'. Hope this helps Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thank you, Rounik. I have been following your advice. The routing options offered through Logic are a bit awry. I like mono Kick, Mono Snare and Hats...and stereo cymbals etc.But the Outs offered from Maschine are stereo pairs. Not as straightforward as Ultrabeat or Battery to configure unless all stereo tracks are what you need.. Still a wonderful instrument though. The new update 1.7 soon ....so no doubt more presentation changes. Why can't they make it easier to set up so a musician can just make the music progress to the goal . Thanks
  • Tecepue
    It's selectable in Maschine to send a pad/group to a channel inside logic. YouTube has a few videos that help, but none that answered my question which is close to yours. I'm trying to have the 16 pads in one group go to separate lanes AND channels inside Logic. I've got half way there, but it's hard to bypass Maschines sequencer to full effect. I can get Maschine instantiated with multi out channels, but then I have to manually split them to different lanes in the sequencer.
  • logicluvva
    I understand what you are saying , Will. I'll get back to you over this. I'm currently trying to suss out how to record guitar into Maschine. My only problems have been with the way Maschine recognises ( and channels ) the inputs of my Audio Interface ( Motu 8Pre ).And how to get the sound to the sampler. It has worked though. But I am going to only work with Maschine until I have mastered it and then go to Logic 9.I think Maschine's ability to groove is great. I hope it's just about getting used to nomenclature in a different type of 'DAW' too. I know that in Logic there is the split/demix ( I think it's called something else now ) and also the New Track Same Channel Strip.To separate the Kick , Snare etc.It involves patience but is worth it. After getting used to all the drum features in Logic 9, Addictive Drums, Battery 3 ETC.., I was most impressed with using the CPU FRIENDLY EXS24, separate instances...and just using the kick and snares library.Maybe with Ultrabeat for hats etc. I saw a Maschine video about panning the sounds and sending them to busses that are set ' left' and ' right' in order to pick out each sound. I will ask around and get back...so much to learn and still have to use Maschine as a Midi Controller too. The hardware aspect is great.
  • Tecepue
    that’s amazing thanks. yea I’m all over the place, working with ableton for a minute, in logic for awhile, Maschine by itself or as a controller….. I agree it’s the coolest kit I’ve purchased in a minute. incredibly intuitive and fun. I’ve never been a ‘stay in piano roll click click click' type, although I’ve been doing more of it lately. I just love to bang out a bass line with a keyboard and pound out drums on pads. I’m trying to get a decent machine mapping for ultrabeat. that’d be fun
  • logicluvva
    Yeah, I have only had Maschine barely a week but I'm glad to have learned Logic first too. I know what you mean about having each sound on a different channel. I have seen the video about integrating Maschine into Logic so you can directly record into Logic's Arrange page.Having a Group on each midi channel. I too was thinking about having a sound on each instead ( a little like Battery 3 )...but I didn't know if I was over-thinking it. I had the advice to first get to know Maschine. So I figured I'd scare myself a little by watching those vids first..As inspiration !? It's the freedom from mouse-click-finger-pain that I welcome. I only have Logic and Maschine but for singing and playing guitar too as you freak out with drums...maybe get drum sounds I never expected...that's the fun of it. It's a welcome mindstretch.Thinking about songs, structure, sound and scenes etc All the best to you
  • Tecepue
    back’at’cha happy learning
  • logicluvva
    I wanted to mention that again...the video called ' Integrating Maschine With Logic ' on YouTube which covers using Maschine directly within Logic.I like his name..F Major. Whereby Groups are sent to separate midi channels. It works by having a separate kit per channel, so you can choose whatever you want off each.Allowing utilisation of Logic's Track/Region Parameters and Quantise etc. Coupled with the Multi-Output I think that's definitely a template to save in Logic..when I master it ! I have also purchased a couple of MPV vids I haven't fully seen yet, so it's fair to tell you about this too.
  • Fopelyy
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if this question was ever fully answered? I've been struggling with getting this done in logic as well and I'd love to get this working before I have to mix these tunes I've been working on
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: