macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dwalu
    NI Maschine Masterclass video number 5
    This tutorial is great especially video number 5 which shows how to sequence machine using your DAW. That's how I want to work but I've been so frustrated ever since I got machine because there is no good way to accomplish sequencing machine in Logic Pro. So far a video on youtube from a guy named F-Major shows the best way to sequence machine into Logic, but it is still complete crap. Hitting the shift and control button at the same time takes away most of the functions of machine, the sounds don't always come out, and if they do, you damn near have to break your drum pads just to hear your sounds. Because of this, the machine is a complete waste of money. I like how your able to sequence machine with Ableton Live. That is how it should be. If I can't sequence like that within Logic, then I am returning this crap back to the store. How come the logical way to sequence machine from a DAW is not available by Logic Pro? If someone can do it the Ableton Live, which is how all other devices work, let me know. NI got a huge problem if they don't fix this.
  • Ciappy DJ
    Re: NI Maschine Masterclass video number 5
    Yes, I'm agree with you Dwalu! I've the same problem with ProTools! To write notes into a DAW I have to enable Machine Ch1 (for exmpl) to write, and disable to listen what I wrote! EVERYTIME!....Its unbelievable! Please MATT you HAVE to REmake the video 5 with Logic and ProTools! We're waiting for you. Thank you in advance! P.S. here you can download my own video I made to explain problems about writing midi notes in a DAW (I'm sorry for the bad english!): https://files.me.com/ciappydj/nkwjgf.mov
  • Jirupie
    These guys are right. I've already purchased the first two Maschine vids. Kinda disappointed to find out it doesn't use Logic or ProTools as an example for use in a DAW. I personally use Logic Pro.
  • Ciappy DJ
    Re: Please Mr. Cellitti help us
    Please Matt help us just answer and say us if its a bug or if there's one way to do it with protools and logic, so will help us to not loose a lot of time to try do do it! thank you we waiting for your answere. C. Video that explain the problem. [url][url]https://files.me.com/ciappydj/nkwjgf.mov[/url][/url]
  • Matt Cellitti
    Hi Everyone, I used Ableton in the videos because it is the DAW I use for everything. As you see, I simply pointed the second MIDI track to look at Maschine as the sound source, while sending the MIDI output from Maschine to the second MIDI track. Not sure how the routing structure works in PT or Logic as I don't use those DAWs. The confusion seems to stem from the fact that Maschine is a sequencer in its own right, therefore its usability within a host sequencer can be a little trick to wrap your head around. I would suggest trying to record your Maschine parts inside of Maschine in time with your other Logic sequences. Once the pattern is finished, you can drag and drop the audio or route the individual sounds/groups to audio tracks in Logic/PT. I personally tend to start all of my Maschine projects in standalone mode, only jumping over to the DAW once I have the main "skeleton" of my track completed. From there I piece it together in Ableton and add parts as needed. There is no bug with Maschine. I will take a look at Logic later on to see if I can figure out how to do the same thing I did in Video 5. No promises though as I am not a Logic expert ; ) Peace, matt
  • Matt Cellitti
    @gianpierro.... I saw your video. Please try sequencing the MIDI information on a separate track, not the same track that Maschine is located on. Route the second track to read MIDI information from the channel that has Maschine on it. The first track will be used to simply host Maschine as a sound source. Matt
  • Ciappy DJ
    Hi Matt, first of all thank you very much for your answer! so, I'm not sure on what you mean when you said "Route the second track to read MIDI information", but if that means to create/use two separate midi traks (one for write and one for read), its not the best way, because this means I must move EVERYTIME the file I write to the second midi track, just to listen what I done! If you mean that, I think the best way (for now...I hope!) is to writing parts on maschine sequencer, drag midi on a midi track in a DAW, where you can doing some arrangiaments on it. Let me know matt, if you can make some tests on logic/protools And thank you very much for your great and appreciate help. G.
  • dwalu
    Don't get me wrong, I would sequence everything in the maschine, but its sequencer ain't for me. I use groove templates that I created mathematically. I cracked the Maschine swing code, but it's not doing what my templates can do, so I have to sequence my songs with Logic, using Maschine as a sound module, which would be fantastic if Logic could sink with Maschine the same way Ableton live does. I still don't know why you have to do so much special stuff to make this work. You don't have to do all this stuff when using reason software or an actual mpc or just about anything else. That's my take. I want to use the maschine so bad, because of it's ease of use and navigation functions, but I have to be able to add my feel to it, using my mathematically calculated groove templates to achieve my own special bounce to my beats. Maybe they need to add the ability to import groove templates. That still doesn't change the fact that to my knowledge, an easy way to sequence maschine with Logic or Protools, or at least a hard way that works good does not exist.
  • Matt Cellitti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHSfa5bGbM Doesn't this video show you exactly what you are looking for? He is not working in MIDI mode, but rather controlling Maschine in Logic from different MID tracks. You can even set up a different template for standalone and plugin inside of Maschine so you only have to set this up one time in both Maschine and Logic. After that it should be a breeze.
  • Rounik Admin
    Although I'm dying to get my hands on it... I haven't got Maschine (yet!) ... also I'm not near stable wi-fi right now... so can't reliably see this YouTube video... But in Logic, has anyone here tried creating a Multi-Instrument in the Environment, enabling it's 8 or 16 outputs and then creating tracks in the arrange and assigning them to the outputs of the multi-output? That should work... at least it does in my mind - and I imagine that's the process detailed in this video ;-) Then as Matt says save it as a template and you should be good to go without needing to delve back into the Environment... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: