macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Neil1000
    Re: Please Mr. Cellitti help us
    Helko Rounik - so someone at Macpro is alive. Do you think you could ask support or the tekkies to repair Maschine Quickstart for Windows - it has been broken since Aug 25. We have paid for the product but cannot download and watch it away from the Net. I posted two requests to support which have been ignored and have corresponded with another lost soul via the Windows forum who is in a similar boat. very disappointed, Neil
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Neil I've passed this request on personally on Friday and I know I support team did the same. Just been on the road and will check in with our production team to see where they are with this issue tomorrow. Really sorry for any inconvenience caused. Best Rounik
  • Neil1000
    Many thanks Rounik - I look forward to the problem being solved. Sorry guys I had to hijack the thread to get a Macpro response. Neil
  • dwalu
    I hate to do this, but I can't let this slide. People have to know. I already mentioned that I tried that youtube video by F-Major over a month ago. You lose your editing functions when you go that route. Also it only works less then 5% of the time, so what's the point. I've had it with this thing. I wouldn't have to go through all this stuff, trying to use my DAWs sequencer if the Maschine's sequencer was any good. The sequencer is the most important thing when it comes to electronic music. I got to be able to numerical dial my 16th notes in when necessary. I wasted at least 40 hours on this thing and the fact that integrating the maschine into the most popular DAWs is such a difficult task sickens me. No more wasting time. I'm going to the store to buy a bat, so I can come back home and smash this maschine into pieces. Man I can't wait to smash this thing. The maschine had so much potential, but all the latest updates are about how much better machine can load up VSTs and stuff. Who cares?!!! This is electronic based production where the sequencer and DAW integration rule. NI seriously dropped the ball on the two things that are most important. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to Walmart. Batter up!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey dwalu, I hear you! Thanks for providing feedback on your experiences of Maschine with Logic and some of the limitations you've experienced. I wonder if this is a limitation inherent in Logic that is causing the issue... would surely love to get my hands on Maschine or Maschine Mikro to see... Might be even better to contact Native Instruments and let them know your thoughts. Best way to encourage new features for software and hardware is to let the developer know. http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/ Best Rounik
  • Matt Cellitti
    Hi Dwalu, I'm sorry you are having difficulties getting Maschine to work exactly the way you want it to work. I understand you are frustrated, but your assessment that Maschine's sequencer is "no good" is simply misguided. The Maschine sequencer is incredibly fast, efficient, and capable of doing every major function that a standard DAW like Logic is capable of doing in terms of MIDI sequencing. I believe Maschine is even faster and easier to use than a DAW for MIDI sequencing because it is so hands on and intuitive thanks to the controller. The fact that the updates incorporate VSTs now makes this all the more powerful. You can now create several complex sequences of a VST with VST effects on top in a fraction of the time and effort that it could be done in a DAW. That is one of the biggest draws to this product and the reason many people have embraced it. It can be a little clumsier when trying to incorporate it into a DAW because it is a sophisticated plugin with advanced sequencing functions running INSIDE of another such product. It is up to the users to figure out their workflow and how they wish to incorporate this phenomenal product into their current production methods. I suggest trying to drag and drop Maschine's patterns into Logics audio tracks, then work with the audio. If you need to change something, simply go in and create another pattern and drop that one. All of Maschine's patterns will be automatically synced to your Logic transport at all times. All of this can literally be done in seconds. I'm also not sure what you mean by "numerical dial" in 16th notes, but you can draw in any note length you wish into Maschine's sequencer if that is what you mean. By the way...who says the DAW has to rule?! There is more than one way to accomplish loop-based electronic music.... and Maschine just so happens to be one of the most refreshing, popular, and fun ways of doing this in many, many years. Matt
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: