macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Curobee
    Can't hear the notes i hit when i'm recording!
    I'm trying to record a pattern of a sound set in Keyboard mode. When i hit the record button i can only hear the first 2 hit on a pad and the rest is silent. Can someone help me please?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Can't hear the notes i hit when i'm recording!
    Can you please provide us with some more details? What DAW are you using? Logic, Cubase, ProTools? What Mac are you using and what is the operating system version?
  • Curobee
    I am using Maschine 1.7.2, I think is the last update. The operating system is Snow Leopard! I tried many times to add more recordings on a pattern that contains recording already, but it won't let me. Even if I start a new pattern on the same group the result is the same, I can hear the first 2 note I hit on time and then the rest you hear them as delay or echo, they're basically off beat. I tried to change the buffer size but it didn't help, so I put it back on 512 or 516 I think. The only way to record the piece I wanted on that pattern was to record on a new empty/group. My idea was to have the same sounds pattern on a same group just to keep organized. It's getting so frustrated the situation. Thanks for reading my post!
  • Couny
    King what exactly are you trying to do? Are you slicing an existing audio file in Maschine onto one sound slot (with in one group) ? Two things to keep in mind if this is the case, when you create your slices maschine can map them in two ways using the Apply and Apply to buttons on the slicing tab with in the sampler. "Apply" will place each slice on its own sound slot within your group and "Apply to" will apply the slices to the piano roll on that one sound slot (I may have these backwards as I am not at home and can not reference maschine). In which case you will want to make sure keyboard is selected when holding down the pad mode key on the controller. Also take notice of your samplers BPM calculation, as this can effect how much of the sample gets played based on your project tempo.
  • Curobee
    No not at all, that's not what I'm trying to do. What I really want is to add more music on the same pattern where I already recorded few notes. By adding I mean recording few extra notes. It's not a sample, it's just a regular sound from the maschine library.
  • Couny
    Ahhh. Your trying to overdub midi data. Make sure you have poly voice set in the sampler tab on the specific sound slot. It may be that you have only 2voices being allowed on that sound. Sorry did not understand what you were asking at first. If this is not it hopefully someone else knows what's up.
  • Couny
    Also make sure your not recording the data into just a 1good bar loop
  • Curobee
    I'm not sure if it's midi data, all I know is that I used a sound from the machine brows called android I think. Then, I Set the 16 pads into keyboard mode so I could have many diff melodies for the same sound. If that is, can you tell me how to change the setting you just mentioned please? Thanks.
  • Couny
    Try just using one sound slot with that sound on it, put the controller into keyboard mode then instead of trying to switch sounds to change octaves (which is what I am assuming you are doing) just use button 7 and 8 (furthest to the right above the LCD) to shift the pads up or down by octaves. This way you are staying on the same sound slot. I have never had the need to place the same sound over a number of sound slots to keep octave ranges seperated. Hopefully it works out for you.
  • Curobee
    Hi Couny, I don't think you understand me, i do apologize if i am not clear on explaining what the issue is or what i'm trying to do. let's see i can be clearer this time. On group A pattern 1 i have a record lenght of 2 bars, because i want to overdub on the same pattern or i should say i want to record same sound but different scales after the first recording, i extended the pattern from 2 beat to 4. So whenever i'm ready to record after the 2 beat i don't hear the pads i'm hitting at the same time. I don't know if this is called time response, but def it shouldn't be like that. I think it has to do with the grid setting maybe. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: