macProVideo.com
Forums
  • PiterDeja
    KONTAKT's 5 'The Vienna Symphonic Library vs. THE OTHE
    There is one thing which I do not get. Samples from 'The Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestra' (which can be found in original KONTAKT 5 which comes along with KOMPLETE 8 which I bought) and 'Vienna symphonic Library' from vsl.co.at do not come from the same producer therefore Kontakt's 5 Symphonic Library is NOT a shortened version of the 'Vienna symphonic Library' from vsl.co.at, am I right? Or am I wrong? If I am right then why do they share the same name? Two libraries mentioned sound completelly different which is an argument in favor of the fact that they were made by two different companies. The samples from those two libraries must have been recodred in two different environments. (WTF?!) 'The Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestra' which comes with in original KONTAKT 5 is more dry and feels more 'close'. This 'Vienna symphonic Library' from vsl.co.at on the other hand sounds more spacious, the samples sound more far away....at least it is what I can tell from demos. Compare solo violins without any effects from those two mentioned libraries to see what I am talking about.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: