macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dwalu
    NI Maschine Sequencer
    There are some pretty cool things that Maschine can do but there is also something that doesn't make any sense. In Maschine, you usually quantize first before adding swing. Sometimes I want to edit the position of some of the quantized notes. The only problem is, which is major, is that the notes don't visually show any movement on the grid after you add swing. I can hear that the notes moved but I can't see it. What's the point of having a visual representation if what you see is not what you hear? I haven't tried this, but if I were to nudge one of those notes to the right, it's possible some of the other notes that I did not move will sound further to the right than the note I nudged, yet visually, they look perfectly quantized to the grid. I'm at work, so I don't even know if you can even adjust a note after you add swing, and even if you could, what's the point? All DAWs don't have this issue. The Beat Thang, old MPCs and the new MPCs that are about to come out don't have this issue. That should concern Native Instruments and this issue should have been addressed a long time ago. An update needs to happen fast. Enough with the better vst plug-in integration, and hold of on developing a time stretching feature. Fix the sequencer. While you're at it, a numerical representation would be great as well. Everybody else has this. I don't know why Maschine does not. Some type of ppq whether it be 960 ppq 96 ppq or 240 ppq. It doesn't matter. Even old MPCs from the 90's have this. If given a choice of having a visual grid or a numerical system on determining the position of a midi note, we would choose numerical all day because it's more accurate. Heck, you definitely can't trust what see with Maschine. If you guys are able to fix the swing issue and add some type of ppq representation, then groove templates should not be an issue to add. You don't have to add this, but it would be nice. Everything else about the Maschine is pretty cool, but I can't use it if the most important thing, the sequencer ain't doing the things that it should be doing. I'm just saying that the competition doesn't have these issues, and early releases of new products can happen. Hope somebody from NI hears me.
  • dwalu
    Re: NI Maschine Sequencer
    I hope nobody gets upset with what I said. Maschine is a great product. There are just a couple of things I wished it did. Those couple of things are important to me. It might be import to most. I own it and others should by it to. I have to admit, the controller editor feature is really cool, the way it controls any DAW. This not probably the forum for what I'm asking for.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi dwalu, These are good points, but the best would probably be to put these points forward to Native Instruments and see what feedback you receive. [url]http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=suppform[/url] Keep us updated any any feedback you get, we would love to hear.
  • dwalu
    Your ablsolutely right. I just couldn't find a delete button to get rid of the post.
  • GaryHiebner
    No worries. It's good having your suggestions up here.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: