macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ben37
    Video Question: Patterns from Maschine to Logic,separate tracks?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf7fllVQWPE This question applies to UltraBeat as well. Basically, the question is: How do you create a pattern in a sequencer like ultrabeat or maschine, and then get that pattern into the arrange window WITH EACH VOICE ON A SEPERATE TRACK, to begin arranging your song? And what's the best way to think about this? Normally, I use separate UltraBeats for each track. It makes Arranging, adding fx, automation, easy. But what's the point of using the sequencer inside your drum machine if you can't manipulate the pads/voices independently in the arrange? Using "separate midi events by note pitch" does not work for what I'm trying to do. I'm pretty confused, I'll appreciate any answer! Thanks in advance!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Video Question: Patterns from Maschine to Logic,separate tra
    Hi Ben, The best answer for Ultrabeat is to create a multi-output version and then route the audio signal from each voice to a different Aux track. This allows you to mix/process each track separately. From your video there are a few things that you should do... first all, it's important to understand that Logic has a number Mute and Solo modes/levels. e.g. You can solo/mute MIDI note events, solo/mute regions, solo/mute tracks and solo/mute channel strips. Now you brought multiple regions from Maschine onto multiple tracks - but all on One channel strip (containing on instance of Maschine)... that's great... but then you want to make sure that the solo/mute level mode is set so that when yo solo/mute one track it's not doing the same across all tracks (basically for the entire channel strip). Go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio > General and change the rack Mute/solo to CPU-Saving (slow response) which gives independent mute/solo modes between tracks and their associated channel strip. The Ultrabeat tutorial video explains all about how to setup and make best use of a Multi-Output version of Ultrabeat: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9204[/url] I also explained the process on The Hub here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/logic-quick-tip-multioutput-drum-processing-ultrabeat[/url] Hope this helps R
  • ben37
    Re: Video Question: Patterns from Maschine to Logic,separate tra
    Great advice, thanks Rounik!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: