macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cruzmeyers
    Razor
    It's becoming one of my go to synths more and more. Just voicing my excitement for the upcoming tutorial. Any idea of it's release?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Razor
    Razor is an excellent synth. I am also using it more and more in my productions as well. The formant properties in the synth are amazing. Great way to get talking-style bass sounds. The tutorial is still in production. Stay tuned, we'll let you know as soon as it is ready.
  • GaryHiebner
    If you haven't seen already the Razor Synth tutorial has been released: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/native-instruments-202-razor[/url] I watched half so far, and am amazed at the potential of this synth.
  • Cruzmeyers
    I sure did, I watched the whole series Saturday morning. Thanks for the update Gary. I love how easy additive synthesis is with Razor however I haven't been able to create anything that I cant already do in Massive. There is however a noticeable difference in tone quality with Razor over Massive due to its Additive properties. I will keep at it with Razor, I just wish we had the center pages for more advanced modulating in Razor like in Massive, that is where Massive really pulls through for me.
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, the addictive synthesis of Razor is amazing. It is a pity it cannot integrate more advanced modulation features like Massive. But maybe Native Instruments will spec up Razor with these features in the future, instead of having it as a player through Reaktor. I predict a bright future for this synth.
  • Cruzmeyers
    I agree Gary, it would be nice to see it as its own application. Reaktor can be a bit system heavy. Having Razor as its own app would make things a lot lighter and possibly provide the potential to do more additive sound processing. I run a 6 core 3.8 gh machine with 16 gb of RAM and I have created a few patches that have bogged my system. Any thoughts on efficiency?
  • GaryHiebner
    Yeah, Razor is pretty CPU intensive. Unfortunately the best solution is to bounce down some of your Razor sounds as audio to free up some memory.
  • ben37
    Hey Gary- Did you mean to write "addictive" synthesis? :P That's surely what it is! I absolutely love it
  • GaryHiebner
    Haha! Yeah I was meaning additive, but it is addictive as well!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: