macProVideo.com
Forums
  • FAS
    Help with the basics
    Hi guys, I just ran though the beginners tutorials and found it great., there's just a few things i couldn't get working. 1. when it says to right click on in the scene to turn off the groups you don't want playing nothing happens. so when i hit play instead of just my first group with the intro i made playing all parts play. 2. In the automation section he records some cutoff automation in. i couldn't work out how he found the cut off setting (it may be that he was using a different patch) or in my own sound get any of the parameters to move when i turned buttons on the controller. what am i doing wrong? 3. when i tried exporting the project in groups all the files were empty, there was a popping sound but nothing else. i tried the function where you click and hold then drag onto your desktop and had the same result. Any help would be great! Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Help with the basics
    Hi F, Which tutorials have you watched? Does this have to do with Maschine?
  • FAS
    Hey Gary, yes it was the basic maschine videos. Cheers
  • GaryHiebner
    What DAW are you running Maschine in? I'll have a look through the tutorial and see where can assist.
  • FAS
    Sorry what's DAW :$? Sorry!
  • Christian L
    DAW stands for Digital Audio Workstation... Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools...
  • FAS
    o.k cool, Logic Sir
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi FAS, Have you used NI's Service Center to update to the latest version of Maschine? Also, what exact version of OSX and Logic are you running? Would be great if you could let us know which video number/title you're referring to... will make it easier for us to follow along and check it out from here. Thanks :)
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=FAS] 1. when it says to right click on in the scene to turn off the groups you don't want playing nothing happens. so when i hit play instead of just my first group with the intro i made playing all parts play. 2. In the automation section he records some cutoff automation in. i couldn't work out how he found the cut off setting (it may be that he was using a different patch) or in my own sound get any of the parameters to move when i turned buttons on the controller. what am i doing wrong? 3. when i tried exporting the project in groups all the files were empty, there was a popping sound but nothing else. i tried the function where you click and hold then drag onto your desktop and had the same result. Any help would be great! Thanks[/quote] Hey! 1. Right-click on the Group's letter (on the far left) - not on the name of the group or the rest of the group's bar. 2. Cuttoff and other settings will be available depending on the patch or instruments that's been loaded in to Maschine. You will only see parameters to modulate that are applicable to the "sound". 3. Let us know whether you have the latest version of Maschine running :) Hope this helps R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: