macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Kore 2 to control Logic 9 Transport
    Hello. I still use Kore 2 for the wonderful sounds and morphing. I would however also like to use it as a controller of Logic 9 Transport. So I can record vocals and instruments at the far end of my room, without lugging my Automap Remote keyboard around. Is this possible ? Or do I have to buy a small controller or Numeric Keypad third party ? Cheers
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Kore 2 to control Logic 9 Transport
    Yes, this should be possible through Logic's MIDI controller assignment. This is very easy to do. Press Cmd-K. This will bring up the controller assignment window. Press the Learn button. Move the button/fader you wish to assign. Then move the knob on your Kore 2 controller. Now that parameter will be assigned to the knob on your controller. Take a look at our Logic 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] In this video tutorial it explains how to use multiple controllers and many of the other features in Logic.
  • logicluvva
    Re: Re: Re: Kore 2 to control Logic 9 Transport
    Thanks Gary. I am confused over the Controller Editor that Native Instruments supplies. Do I use that ? There is a Mackie Control template.Do I add that as a control surface ? Or not use the Control Editor at all ? I take it that assigning the key commands is the way to go.My flow has been going well but this can just eat up time. I hope someone can shed more light on this
  • GaryHiebner
    You should be able to use the Kore 2 Controller Editor Open the Native Instruments Controller Editor application. Choose the Mackie Control emulation. Then install a Mackie Control in Logic. See if that works. Or else try the other method (Cmd-K) Let us know which works.
  • logicluvva
    Thanks Gary. The basic mid-controller way was best.And after that the Controller Editor was easier to adjust. The other way was a bit awry because I don't think Kore 2's template was correct.To adjust it from there was really confusing as the Parameter ID numbers aren't user-friendly. The fresh one from scratch was better.The Controller Editor worked fine after that. I thank you for the help and great advice.
  • GaryHiebner
    Great, I'm glad it worked
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: