macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bycucee
    matching Tempo to sample
    Hey guys, I recently started learning how to chop and sample. I just chopped up parts of a song and have them at the lengths I like spread out over the pads. I played the song and it's bpm is around 100. Do I match the bpm tempo of the song in creating to thr sample of the track? It's at the perfect tempo I want so I feel like there's no reason to speed up or slow down. But, being its a song from the 70s and like most songs people sample from then, the tempo isnt exact. Its a loose 100, I feel like it speeds up a little slows down, etc. so now when I hold down a pad for the say, sixth measure, it's clearly off beat by then. That then also effects scenes because its airing for 4 bars to the tempo the song is set which means it could cut off or be too long when i put down the sample. I know in doing something wrong or need to be doing something but I don't know what and its prevented me from creating even a single beat. If anyone knows what im doing wrong, (probably in my process of sampling maybe?) please let me know. Much appreciated. Ryan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: