macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    Guitar Rig 5
    Hi, I've recently been working with Guitar Rig 5 with Logic Pro 9. No problem getting the sounds and effects working on Guitar Rig, but I can't seem to find how to record on Logic using these sounds. Is there an easy step that I'm missing? I'm using an Apogee Duet as my interface which I run my guitar through if that makes a difference. If anyone knows what I should do I would appreciate some help. Thanks.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Guitar Rig 5
    Do you want to record the Guitar Rig effects to your audio when you record it into Logic (so that its printed to the audio file) or do you just want to hear the guitar pro effects on your audio when you record? This way the effects aren't printed to the audio file so you can tweak and make changes to the Guitar Rig effects at a later stage. Are you inserting Guitar Rig as an insert on the Logic track?
  • 88keez
    Thanks for replying. I like the sound that I can get from the Guitar Rig, so I want to record the audio exactly the way it is onto Logic. The problem being that when I record using an audio track, the notes from the guitar are recorded, but only the basic sound and not the "effected" sound from Guitar Rig. So I need to know how to record exactly the "sound" I hear from Guitar Rig onto a Logic audio track. I don't know if I'm using Guitar Rig as an insert or not, I just click the record button on the track. I'm not sure how to tell. I hope that is what you need. Thanks, 88keez
  • Paul Bissell
    I don't mean to step in on Gary's thread, but I got Guitar Rig 5 late last week and I haven't slept since! :) I too wanted to record the exact audio result of a performance given. One thing I noticed right away is that many of the modulation effects in GR that involve LFOs or the like don't re-sync to where they were when you recorded. Thus, the super-cool whammy drop that (when recorded) matched perfectly with the flanger sweep (blah blah blah) plays back differently each time. The re-syncing might be a preference however, but even if that were the case, it would mean you would have to start from the beginning of the project to ensure the sync unless you had it syncing to every bar. Eddie didn't sync to squat in '78, right? Why should you? ANYWAY - to answer your question: 1) Make an audio track. Insert Guitar Rig. 2) Change the OUTPUT of that track to a bus. Let's just say Bus 10 for now. 3) Make another audio track. Change the INPUT of that track to BUS 10. 4) Record enable both tracks. Bring down the fader of the second track to avoid the 6dB boost you'll get by double monitoring both sources. 5) Go into record mode - Play like the guitar god you wish to emulate. 6) You will have recorded on both channels. The first track will have the straight, unaffected sound, but the second track will have recorded the audio output of Guitar Rig. You can delete the first channel's audio if you want. Attached is an image of the two channels to help you. As you will see, I used Bus 20. In my rush to make the screen shot, I didn't make the second track a stereo track which it should be assuming you selected a stereo instance of Guitar Rig in the first place. Hope this helps! Paul [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_42132_114133_Guitar_rig_record.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_42132_114133_Guitar_rig_record.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: