macProVideo.com
Forums
  • moniz
    Kore 2 Controller with Reason's Combinator
    I got myself Kore 2 controller and i am trying to use with Reason. i have installed the updated driver and connected via USB to my Mac Book pro OS10.8 (Mountain Lion). I then open new session of Reason and under the preferences > Control Surfaces --- i then manualy add a MIDI control instrument. Reason sees the Kore 2 controller and it is on MIDI port 0. I then open up a Combinator Patch because what i am trying to do is to control four rotary knobs and four buttons with four rotary knobs and buttons on Kore 2 controller. I then go to Option and check "Keyboard control edit mode" and by doing this Reason goes in to a cloudy mode and Combinator knobs and buttons shows yellow downward arrows. So Combinator is ready to be assigned to hardware controller but when i click these arrows and i touch the hardware control they don't assign to my hardware knobs and buttons. I don't know what i am doing wrong. Does anyone know which mode/Screen of Kore 2 i need to be in to assign it's knobs and buttons with DAW. Any help would be greatly appreciated. moniz
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Kore 2 Controller with Reason's Combinator
    Hi Moniz, I have done a bit of searching and it doesn't seem like there is a Reason template for the Kore 2 controller to get it to work with Reason. I have seen templates for Ableton, but not for Reason. If I find one I'll let you know. Do you have another MIDI controller you can use with Reason instead of the Kore 2?
  • Christian L
    Re: Re: Kore 2 Controller with Reason's Combinator
    Hi Moniz, Please try these step by step instructions to use your Kore 2 controller with Reason. I tried it with my Kore 2 controller and it works very well! 1. Launch Reason 2. Go to Reason > Preferences > Control Surface 3. Under Attached Surfaces, select your controller and press the Delete button 4. Click on the Add button 5. Under Manufacturer, select "Other" (Do not select Native Instruments) 6. Under Model, select Midi Control Surface 7. Under MIDI In put, Select the Kore Controller 2 MIDI Input 8. Click on Find and move a knob on your Kore controller. 9. Click on Choose 10. Right-Click on the Combinator Knob you want to automate and choose Edit Remove Override Mapping 11, Make sure Kore is selected under Control Surface and that Learn from control surface input is checked. 12. Move your Kore knob and press OK. Voila! You should be all set! :) Let us know if it works or not... Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: