macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Helge Krabye
    Maschine 2 Installation failure
    I just want to let you know that after installing the Maschine 2 update on my iMac, I am in deep shit. Maschine reports that the installation hasn't been done properly (I followed the exact instructions that came in the email after purchase). The Maschine ScanApp is crashing, and even after reinstalling and restarting, I have this problem (Maschine 2 won't start). I have contacted support at NI, so we'll see.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Maschine 2 Installation failure
    Ouch! Good luck resolving that Helge. Although I haven't installed Maschine 2.0 software myself, I know our other trainers and authors haven't come across any problems. (I guess that won't make you feel any better!!) Could be interested to know more about your system (iMac and OS versions) as well as any other gear / software installed you think might be causing an issue. Hope this gets resolved very quickly for you. Best, R
  • Helge Krabye
    Hi Rounik, the NI software has been very stable on my iMac before this update. I have a 2012 iMac 3.4 GHz i7 with 16 Gbyte RAM, and my sound card is the great UA Apollo DUO. I have a lot of software, but I need it all. I am using ProTools 10.3.6 or ProTools 11.0 for sound design and post production (OMF exported audio from FCP and PremierePro CC - I'm also a video editor). I am using LogicPro 9.1.8 or the new10.04 for composing acoustic- and orchestral music (I'm composing for an eight part television nature documentary) music, and Ableton Live 9.0.6 Suite with Max to create my electronic music. I am using most of my soft instruments and plugins as AU in all three applications, and this summer I jumped to working 64bit and install the updated plugs etc. as soon as they are available (the NI software update came a few days ago, and yesterday Maschine 2 which doesn't work). I keep my Mac clean (using CleanMyMac2, TechTool Deluxe and Apple's DiskTools). I have enough free space on my hard drives. NI use to respond to support requests, and I ran their special Support Tool today and sent the results to them, so I expect them to find the reason for my problem.
  • Helge Krabye
    Just want to report that I still have this problem, even after uninstalling Machine 2, deleting prefs and plugins, deleting the ScanApp, repairing permissions, then installing Maschine 2 again and starting the Maschine 2 App in the Application Folder (as NI requires), I get this error: "Installation error. Please ensure this product has been installed properly." - It takes several days to get any response from support at NI, so I feel completely forgotten and lost hereâ¦.
  • Intergalactic
    Re: Re: Re: Maschine 2 Installation failure
    I had the same issue with my Maschine 2.0/2.0.2 upgrade/update.. Here's the easy way to fix it.. -Close Maschine.. -Go to Finder [desktop] .. -Click Go on your top taskbar.. -Under the Go tab a drop menu will appear.. - Hold down the Option key.. -A hidden Library folder will appear.. Click it.. -Scroll down & open the Preferences folder.. -Scroll down & look for a file named: com.native-instruments.Maschine 2.plist .. -Trash it but don't empty your Trash.. -Reopen Maschine 2 .. Maschine should open properly now.. ScanApp will scan your plugins & every thing should be in working order. I'm guess it's an installation/updating failure. When you uninstall every thing Maschine related, there is still hidden files on your HD. That file seems to be the corrupted file making Maschine glitch out. Hope that helps!
  • Mind_dimension
    I'm am also having this problem where ScanApp keeps failing at start up. I have tried reinstalling Maschine but nothing seems to work. I was wondering did you ever find a solution to this. Please share it cause I have been waiting well over a week now for a response off Native Instruments but to still no answer. Please let me know if you have resolved this issue
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: