macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Phasing issues
    Hey y'all! Hope no one's traveling on the US Eastern Seaboard tonight or tomorrow! Be safe. But anyway, as Kontakt is such a huge instrument (especially bundled in Komplete Ultimate), I'm giving myself little challenges to help me learn what is there, by choosing a Kontakt preset Multi (using the Evolve, or Evolve Mutations 1&2 libraries), and making a piece of music using the instruments found in that Multi. I can supplement with other instruments, but I have to use each of the instruments contained in the multi at least once. You can hear some of the results of these little experiments here, if you have the inclination: [url]https://soundcloud.com/perpetrators-undisclosed/sets/morry-campbell-ambient-and[/url] So here's the issue: There's a lot of phasing going on in some of those instruments. I was mixing down one of my little compositions, and noticed in the correlation meter that it was going in the red a significant amount of time. In trying to trace from where the conflict was coming, I matched different instruments against each other, tried different pan positions, and I found that sometimes it was a single instrument causing all the phasing. All on its own. How do you deal with that? I tried narrowing the stereo field, which worked, but also changed the characteristics that made it such a cool sound in the first place. Do you just resolve yourself to the fact that your track will suck if played on a mono system? Are there other strategies in dealing with these issues? Thanks! Be well. M
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: