macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    Komplete 10 install
    Hi, I have Komplete 8 which I use on my iMac. I have bought the Komplete 10 which I want to install on my Mac Book Pro. Do I need to install Komplete 8 before I install Komplete 10 on the Mac Book? I believe I bought the Komplete 10 as an upgrade to the Komplete 8 but I'm not sure, I bought it last year and I have forgotten. How can I tell if it is an upgrade or does it matter? I've been reading how to install Komplete 10 with Komplete 8 already on the computer and it talks about deselecting certain sounds, etc. before installing Komplete 10. I don't want to have to install 2 things if I don't have to. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, 88keez
  • 88keez
    Re: Komplete 10 install
    Hi, I just realized that the Komplete 10 is an update...so....does anyone have any tips on installing Komplete 8 into my new computer and then updating to Komplete 10? I've been reading that some people have problems. It will be installed on a Mac Book Pro, 2011, and I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5. Thanks, 88keez
  • 88keez
    Hi, I've figured it out. No need for any replies. Thanks.
  • Cejunee
    Please tell me what you figured out. I have Komplete 9 installed on laptop and I want to install Komplete 10 UPGRADE Sample libraries on an external drive. Can I do that without confusing the program? Can I do that and then delete the sample libraries from K9 on the internal drive?
  • 88keez
    I'm not 100% sure if the 2 programs installed will confuse each other. But from what I've read and researched, it won't. I know some sounds on K9 aren't on K10, so you may want to keep both. It was a little confusing when I read some peoples posts because I think some installed the update and then deleted K9, but I don't think that is necessary. You can contact Native Instruments directly for support as well thru their website. I did install the K10 sounds on an external hardrive without any issues. I hope that helps.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: