macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ptguy
    Midi Files in Pro Tools
    Hi, new here. I'm thinking of getting Pro Tools. I 've been checking out video resourses for learning before I dive in. Pro Tools seems great. I've been using Sonar for a few years. I record only audio and work with midi for my background tracks. Can pro Tools import whole midi files and distribute each instrument on its own track, automatically like Sonar? Thanks
  • mirek
    Re: Midi Files in Pro Tools
    ha??? of course!! its a pro studio standard. it has a fantastic bussing system, though it can import 'whole midi files'.., Imo guessing you mean each track onto a separate track.., i should imagine.., i only use pro-tools for studio and post sound work.., music i do in cu-base or reason or sonar or anything that is purposefully built for music.., Pro-tools in my opinion has only 60% midi functionality compared to logic or cu-base.., you want to make music.. you may as well use what you have because changing to protools wont make you better.., it might get you a job.., but it will not help your music.., as it has less functionality built into it.., its a studio app rather than a music one.., meaning the bussing system is great for mixing and also outputting and inputting to hardware.., mixers, midi tone generators, amps, mikes, .., its the Protools simplicity that makes it magic.
  • Cush
    Protools 8 has a lot of new MIDI additions. They all look great. I have been using MIDI in protools for creating songs and jinlges for a while now and it is much better then it use to be. Check it out. Cush
  • mirek
    ive been waiting for the release.., it looks great.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: