macProVideo.com
Forums
  • danczer
    finding it hard to remmeber shortcuts!
    Im pretty knew to handling ProTools but i seem to have mastered all the features but im just finding it hard to remember all the keyboard shortcuts! its pretty embarrassing when trying to get things done fast in front of clients Any tips for this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: finding it hard to remmeber shortcuts!
    This is a difficult one to answer ;-) - but it's the same for every DAW. IMHO practice makes perfect... sometimes writing down the KC's on a notepad can help and making sure you use the KC as much as possible - or even challenge yourself to use the KC... Definitely, little notes near your keyboard can help, until the KC's become second nature. Cheers Rounik
  • Vawymia
    I have two suggestions. First, there are companies that sell little sticky labels for the keyboard. A pain to put on, but they really help get you acquainted with the shortcuts. They exist for all the main DAWs, including Pro Tools. Secondly, I would print off the PDF with the keyboard shortcuts. You can get to it from the Help menu inside Pro Tools 8. Then, each time you boot up Pro Tools, find a few new ones to try. Highlight them on the sheet as you use them and review them from time to time. I've done this with zooming shortcuts, for example, since there are tons of them in Pro Tools. Learning how to work them can really improve how quickly you can get things done (and impress your clients, too)!
  • mirek
    i dont worrry too much about it, its part of learning any app.., what i do is look at the short cut thats written next to the action when you go.., eg.., file/open. i look for the short cut key until its burnt into my memory.., if one uses a certain feature a lot, those short cuts should be learnt first.., so i as i say.., look at what it is when i go to the drop down.., hope all that made sense?
  • Logic22
    There is another way. I bought silicon skins that overlay your keyboard (one for Logic and another recently for Pro Tools 9) and they help a lot. I am not affiliated with them in any way I just like their product. www.kbcovers.com. If mentioning this site is against the forum rules I apologize and hope the moderators will edit it out if need be.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: