macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Buckman
    Full on PT8 video...?
    I am looking for a full PT8 video. I have dabbled with PT8 and LE, but had the chance to buy a full PTHD2 running v8 on a Mac Pro 8 core. I come from editing all my audio on Soundforge on a PC so would love a complete audio tutorial of doing the same intricate editing that im used to, but on PT8.. I mess around with it, but can't seem to get the same level of editing and 2-track offline editing as i do with soundforge.. Surely PT can do all this and more? I just need to get used to the workflow and watch& buy a comprehensive video of all the PT8 tricks and tips.. I'm mainly into pop and dance production, and did look at "mixing pop in protools" but this seemed quite geared to live drums/guitars/instruments - I only use other VST's and samples.. Is there a DVD available that people would recommend, that is not basic (as probably up to around 101 courseware standard) but editing and ITB mixing techniques for PT8? Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Full on PT8 video...?
    Hi Buckman, Welcome to the macProVideo forums :) I've heard a lot of good things about Soud Forge, but I'm not super familiar with the editing techniques. Can you explain in more detail what you wish to achieve in Pro Tools that you used to do in Sound Forge? If you are using an intel Mac now, you can still use Windows (and thus Sound Forge) on a separate partition running XP or Vista. The Mixing Pop in Pro Tools does deal with live Pop instruments... but of course also deals with the use of plugins and effects. I don't record much acoustic stuff these days and despite being a Logic user I found this tutorial really interesting for Mixing techniques. However, do check out the entire range of Pro Tools tuts: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/ProTools[/url] You can watch at least the first 5 videos of each one to get an idea of the topic. The Elastic Audio and Beat Detective tuts may interest you too? Hope that helps somewhat, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: