macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wilfrago
    Pro Tools 8 401 Mastering in Pro Tools.
    Hi. There´s something I can´t understand. When Phil Magniotti master in Pro Tools, he records in realtime the results of plug-ins in the Mix Track and the Master Fader track to another track. That's great! But the last plug-in in the master fader track has a dither process, in the tutorial case, a 16 bit dither. You are working in a 24 bit session so whatever audio you record in that session is going to be 24 bit, despite of the 16 bit dither. After that, Phil just export the files at 16 bit 44.1 Khz with the best conversion, but that conversion is only for sample rate, not bit depth. I think we are truncating 8 bit here. I think you have to bounce for bit conversion in Pro Tools o record the master using external gear. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Pro Tools 8 401 Mastering in P...
    Hi My understanding here us that regardless of whether PT records at 24bit or not, Phil has applied the 24 to 15 bit dithering process to the mix.... so the extra 8 bits contains no extra info and us simply being chopped off in final conversion. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: