macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    What's New in Pro Tools 9
    Blog post on What's new in Pro Tools 9: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/pro-tools/pro-tools-9-whats[/url]
  • Helge Krabye
    Re: What's New in Pro Tools 9...
    Well, one thing that is certainly not new, is that installing PT9 means problems! Before upgrading, I was using PT8 with Structure (full version). After the upgrade, Structure was not visible in the instruments plugins folder withing PT9. I had to install it from the original DVD's, and also the content on the five DVD's that came with Structure. However, this content is still NOT visible within Structure when I insert Structure on an instrument track in PT9. If I choose "Load new patch" or "Add patch" in Structure, only the folders "Quick start" and "Structure Free" are visible. If I navigate to Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure Factory Libraries/Structure Encrypted Samples", the DVD1-6 folders show no content. I understand that the content in these folders are .big files and not samples, but where the h*** are the Structure Patches that I am supposed to be able to load and use in Structure??? In the Setup and Content -window in Structure, I have pointed to the Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure Factory Libraries, but the content in these libraries are still invisible. I am stuck - don't know what to do, can't find any help in the support area at Avid.com. And yes, I have all three ilok authorizations (for ProTools 9, Structure full version and Structure Content) on my iLok dongle. Hope to get some help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Helge, Sorry to hear this! Have you got all the latest driver updates for your interface/(s)? I would contact Avid directly to see if this might be an issue connected to upgrading from 8 to 9... Let us know how you get on. Rounik
  • Helge Krabye
    Thanks for the response, Rounik. Yes, I have the latest driver for my DUET interface installed, and I followed the book when installing the PT9 upgrade. It's not a surprise that something went wrong. This time, I just don't know what more to do. I managed to drop a support email to Avid (even if they do their best to redirect me back to my Norwegina reseller - who has no experience and can't help). I am hoping that my request will be read and responded to. After all, I see this complaint many places in discussion forums on the web.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Helge, Sorry again to hear about this issue. Wish I could help you... Could you let me know how you get on and what advice Avid provide. Thanks Rounik p.s. have you tried installing PT on a cloned/blank system and using the built-in audio? - I sometimes use a partitioned external HD and install OSX on it to test out new software.
  • Helge Krabye
    As funny as it may sound, I found the solution - finally. I took it for granted that the PT9 installer would alarm me if my version of Structure needed an update. I was sure that I was using the latest version, but that was not the case. So, after purchasing (!) the upgrade from Structure 1.0 to 1.1 and installing it with all the sound banks for the third time, the presets became visible within Structure. Puhhh...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Helge, Glad to hear you found the solution & thanks for posting it here!! Hope the paid upgrade to the latest version of Structure wasn't too costly 8-) :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: