macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the Warden
    Big Thanks to Scott
    Hello!!! I just wanted to say THANKS to you and Scott for such great tutorials on Pro Tools. I've learned so much in such a short period of time and have already changed my work flow and sound. Do you think you can do a video showing how to create your own IO templates? I know this may sound a bit strange but the new IO sett up in PT9 is a bit confusing. Thanks again and great work!
  • Vawymia
    Re: Big Thanks to Scott
    Thanks so much for your comments! Glad you enjoyed the courses. Is there something specific that you want to know about the IO templates?
  • the Warden
    Yeah your delivery is cool and laid back. Anyway, it's just that when I get to the bus section it gets a bit confusing as to where I should put my master out. I think I should send you an example of my set up so you can see where I'm coming from. I don't use a Master channel I only use Aux channels for my mixing and I don't bounce to disc I export the files as multiple mono when I want to send them off to be mastered.
  • Vawymia
    Why don't you send me your setup so I can take a look at it? The best thing would be to take screen shots of your input, output, and bus screens in I/O Settings. Email them to scott@secondactstudio.com.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi... Would be great if you could post pictures to this thread (for the benefit of myself... and others too ;) Details on how to currently add picture to posts can be found here: http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243 Thanks! Rounik
  • the Warden
    Sorry it's taken me so long to get these up but I'm not all that familiar with posting pics and image hosts. I wanted to put up screen shots but "I DON'T KNOW HOW". http://img511.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110125at433.png/ http://img9.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110125at433.png/ The first is a shot of my IO set up and the second is a shot of my mix window and how I have everything routed. I send everything to an a "Master Aux" for processing and then send that out to an audio channel to record/print then instead of bouncing I export the file. But it seems that setting the IO is a bit confusing due to all the options. Thanks, BF.
  • Rounik Admin
    here's how to host images on the forums: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] :)
  • Vawymia
    The way you are setting up your I/O is similar to what I do in my setup. I set up an AUX for each "stem" that I want to process. In my world, that might mean that I have a stem for Strings, a stem for Beats, a stem for Brass, etc. Let's call these "stem auxes". I then route each audio track to one of these stem auxes. I have separate reverb/delay auxes for each stem, and I route those auxes to the stem auxes. Finally, I route each stem aux to an audio track (if I want to record them to audio) or a master aux if I'm just going to bounce the audio. There's another layer of complexity in my setup. Sometimes I need to prepare a stereo mix and a surround mix of a song/cue. So I actually route certain tracks to MULTIPLE auxes. For example, I might route my Beats stem to a MASTER STEREO AUX or a MASTER SURROUND AUX. This is all getting quite complicated! It might be worthwhile to write-up a description of how I set up my I/O as a MacProVideo blog entry. Rounik, what do you think?
  • the Warden
    Hey thanks for the info and here are the shots:
  • the Warden
    An aux for each stem? Man that sounds like a lot of work, fortunately I don't have to do all that at the moment. I'm really trying to get my head around this new PT09 IO set up. Do you use much external gear?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: